Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Matzer
United States
WAKE FOREST
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a situation where Lacerda currently has three wigs and no influence. I did a build action and Lacerda has a royal favor to build. There are three of my workers and 1 neutral worker so normally the cost is 4 but the treasury is +1 so it would cost 5 influence. Lacerda does not have enough wigs + influence to pay for the follow up action only 3 wigs. Does he pass the action? His next turn is to build so would he also not be able to take the build action?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Ferreira
Brazil
Ouro Branco
MG
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's a rare situation that might happen, but are you sure you're playing with the right rules? Has Lacerda been without influence since last round?
Take a look at this topic with a question similar to yours.
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/25497557#25497557
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matzer
United States
WAKE FOREST
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
czartmf wrote:
Maybe it's a rare situation that might happen, but are you sure you're playing with the right rules? Has Lacerda been without influence since last round?
Take a look at this topic with a question similar to yours.
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/25497557#25497557

Thank you for the link to that situation. It is similar to mine except in his case he placed two officials in the same area.

I will go through my situation to see if I perhaps made a rules mistake.

Lacerda started on the master builder and the helper was on the master builder.

Turn 1 I placed a treasury card to my portfolio where I gained 3 coins and lowered the treasury marker by 1. I used 1 tool to gain two officials. I placed my officials one in Marquis and one in King. Lacerda moved to the Marquis so his influence moved from 5 to 1 since I had two officials and one neutral plus 1 for treasury.

Turn 2 I Placed a King noble card in my portfolio that allowed to place two officials. I placed these in the King and Master builder spots. I used 1 cloth to move 1 spot on Cardinal track. The tile I picked up was #16 use one less official when placing public buildings. Lacerda moved to the King and picked up the building favor. Then the cost to place a public building was my two plus one neutral plus 1 treasury for a total of four. This moved influence from 1 to 0 and moved his wigs from 5 to 3. I had the royal favor for the King so I spent two officials one from the Marquis and 1 from the King to place a public building on the spot where I gain two public officials which I then placed 1 on the master builder and 1 on the Marquis. (I originally place both on master builder so one has been moved to Marquis)

Turn 3 I placed a master builder card in the royal card spot so I could build a book store. Lacerda should follow with the royal favor but cannot since he has 0 influence and 3 wigs when the cost is my two officials, one neutral official and +1 treasury.

So I assume based on the link and Vital's response that Lacerda should not be able to play that follow up action and when his next turn is to build is unable to build.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Ferreira
Brazil
Ouro Branco
MG
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems all correct to me. From what you described it would be even worse for Lacerda because at the end of turn 2 he should have only 2 wigs and not 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition, Mercato
mbmbmbmbmb

Notice that you only used one good to trade with nobles when you can make 2 trades. But this does not change the situation.

So, you have 2 choices, or let Lacerda have negative points, and go from there, or lacerda just stop playing until he have influence again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matzer
United States
WAKE FOREST
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for responding to my question Vital. I decided to go with Lacerda not being able to play until gaining influence again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Milford
England
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:

Notice that you only used one good to trade with nobles when you can make 2 trades. But this does not change the situation.

So, you have 2 choices, or let Lacerda have negative points, and go from there, or lacerda just stop playing until he have influence again.

Why not have Lacerda take one Gold token? This would make more sense to me when a normal Lacerda turn cannot be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.