Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Northfield
United Kingdom
St ives
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive had the original mistfall on my shelf since it went to retail, never played it, even though it looked amazing.
For Xmas I got brought hearts of the mists and decided I wasnt going to do the same. Went through the rulebook, sleeved all the cards, all set.

My question is what it the best way to start? can I use anything from the original game? Is it best to start with the mistfall quests. And do I need read the rule book from the original game to play any quests from that.

Thanks for any help. I did spend sometime trying to find the answer on the forum, if I missed it, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Hagen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good questions.

I don't think there is any value learning how to play base game mistfall first. The rules are better in heart of mists.

How about this as a suggestion?

Put the 'time' cards from original mistfall aside.
Put the original mistfall rules aside.
Put the original mistfall player marker aside.

Mix everything else together: location tiles, enemy cards, encounter cards, reward cards and use heroes from both games.
Use the rules from Heart of the Mists.
Go to the files section on bgg for heart of Mists, Download/print the 'Learn to play Heart of mists'

Do the original Mistfall quests first.
Then the Heart of mists quests.
Use any heroes you want.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Northfield
United Kingdom
St ives
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great! Thanks loads for the quick response.

Didn't fancy reading that first rulebook lol

Now it's time to choice my characters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. im in the same position. I have both games on the shelf and have been trying to work out the best way to get started.. might subscribe to this topic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lugielord wrote:
Good questions.

I don't think there is any value learning how to play base game mistfall first. The rules are better in heart of mists.

How about this as a suggestion?

Put the 'time' cards from original mistfall aside.
Put the original mistfall rules aside.
Put the original mistfall player marker aside.

Mix everything else together: location tiles, enemy cards, encounter cards, reward cards and use heroes from both games.
Use the rules from Heart of the Mists.
Go to the files section on bgg for heart of Mists, Download/print the 'Learn to play Heart of mists'

Do the original Mistfall quests first.
Then the Heart of mists quests.
Use any heroes you want.

Enjoy!

This is the best way to start, I think meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Northfield
United Kingdom
St ives
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great help thanks. I was struggling trying to find the easy answer. Most things i read went into a lot of detail and having not played the game yet, it just confused me.

Apparently one of the characters is a bit broken from the changes, I'm not going to worry too much about it, looking forward to playing. Just gotta finish a dragonfire mission which I always got for xmas.

Card games are the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.