Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you play this solo? Is there any hidden information that would prevent you from playing opposing sides even?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRubexCube wrote:
Could you play this solo? Is there any hidden information that would prevent you from playing opposing sides even?

There is nothing that would inhibit you from playing two players in a solo fashion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:
TheRubexCube wrote:

There is nothing that would inhibit you from playing two players in a solo fashion.

Awesome! I have a few people that I play with but I enjoy games so much that sometimes I break them out and play them solo. And this one seems like I would enjoy it solo. I’ve played games like islebound and firefly in competitive mode. So I assume it would be similar to that.

I pretty much tell my own stories while playing.

Thank you for the response!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlon Estella

California
msg tools
mbmb
I played two-handed solo yesterday to learn the game (before teaching it to my gaming group). I actually had fun doing it solo.
Of course, this game is not meant to be coop, so you'll be missing out on the competition aspect of the game.

The game comes with a 8(?) scenario campaign, which could possibly be done 2-handed solo; though I haven't read the exact details of the scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Miller
United States
Logan
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Someone made a solo varaint:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1840100/solo-player-variant...

I haven't tried it yet though.

If it were me, rather than playing it two-handed as it were, I would just play with one character and give myself a hard turn limit to get 3 priority first class objectives done. It would take a little experimenting to get that limit figured out. Maybe first see how long it takes you, and then try to beat that score? If you end up doing that, I am sure folks here on BGG would love to hear about it in case they want to try something similar.

That seems like the best "solo" experience to me.'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.