Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Henderson
United States
Northport
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read though the forums and saw a few comments about people using maps from other tactical games for panzer. I think the specific games mentioned were Lock n Load and ASL maps. Some said they worked fine with no adaptation of rules and other mention a few rules tweaks to make it work.

Any thoughts regarding whether you can use maps from combat commander for some homemade panzer battles? The scale in CC is 30m, and each map is a grid of 10x15 hexes. Does it hurt mess up anything to just use the maps as they are?

(I have read through the basic panzer rules, but I have yet to play a game).

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
jh000 wrote:
I have read though the forums and saw a few comments about people using maps from other tactical games for panzer. I think the specific games mentioned were Lock n Load and ASL maps. Some said they worked fine with no adaptation of rules and other mention a few rules tweaks to make it work.

Any thoughts regarding whether you can use maps from combat commander for some homemade panzer battles? The scale in CC is 30m, and each map is a grid of 10x15 hexes. Does it hurt mess up anything to just use the maps as they are?

(I have read through the basic panzer rules, but I have yet to play a game).

Thank you!

Panzer hexes are 100 meters. That means a Combat Commander Map is roughly 3 x 4.5 Panzer hexes! That’s much too small for what Panzer is modeling. Perhaps if you cut the stats proportionally or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Henderson
United States
Northport
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the reply. I guess my question behind the original post is this: If I know that CC hexes represent 30 meters, and I have a CC map with 3 hexes of forest (90 meters for CC games), would it work to just consider it as 300 meters of forest for a panzer game on the same map. In other words, can I just declare that my CC maps now represent 100m per hex? When you suggest "cut the stats proportionally" as an option, I guess I am just taking the math in the other direction and "growing" the hexes.

I suppose this might work better with some maps than others in terms of the relative realism of the maps? Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
jh000 wrote:
Thank you for the reply. I guess my question behind the original post is this: If I know that CC hexes represent 30 meters, and I have a CC map with 3 hexes of forest (90 meters for CC games), would it work to just consider it as 300 meters of forest for a panzer game on the same map. In other words, can I just declare that my CC maps now represent 100m per hex? When you suggest "cut the stats proportionally" as an option, I guess I am just taking the math in the other direction and "growing" the hexes.

I suppose this might work better with some maps than others in terms of the relative realism of the maps? Thanks again!

Well, sure, you could but it would look funny. (That’s a really big barn!)
I also don’t think you’d have the room for long tank columns and tank combat at range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Henderson
United States
Northport
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I see what you are saying. 🙂 Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CC maps also do not connect with each other, so what you have is what you get. Not much space at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.