Subject: A tedious mechanic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeremy dimichina

vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the fear of being attacked I have to say I find this game extremely fiddly. All is fine except the fact of having to add/remove cards ALL the time. put 201 and 203 in play and add 161. Trash previous card. The constant shuffling of the deck and looking for cards make this most unenjoyable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
sithknight19 wrote:
At the fear of being attacked I have to say I find this game extremely fiddly. All is fine except the fact of having to add/remove cards ALL the time. put 201 and 203 in play and add 161. Trash previous card. The constant shuffling of the deck and looking for cards make this most unenjoyable.

Shuffling?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy dimichina

vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shuffling wrong word. I meant you have to move through the deck constantly adding and subtracting cards. just find it annoying
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grace
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you leave the library sorted I don’t see the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you keep your decks in order its not bad at all.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree that it is not a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy dimichina

vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
its' not a problem. it's tedious
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentionned, keep the library in numerical order at all times and it will be ok. Or separate the deck in smaller parts for quicker access.

The library deck is a good way to add storylines to a game without relying to a book that will take more table space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mb
It's true, there is a level of maintenance and upkeep to deal with, but I find it keeps getting overshadowed by some other issue whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesnt help that related cards dont always follow numerically,
Requiring more effort than needed to get the right one.

But that is to be expected given how the story evolves dependent on player actions and choices.

Im not sure if there is an easier way to go about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Thompson
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's because it's a story-driven, "Ameritrash" game, not a Euro. Sounds like you just learned something about yourself - you should stick to Euro games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
cthompsonguy wrote:
That's because it's a story-driven, "Ameritrash" game, not a Euro. Sounds like you just learned something about yourself - you should stick to Euro games.

This comment makes no sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
cthompsonguy wrote:

This comment makes no sense.

He was attacked personally by the comments from the OP as you can tell by his avatar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
You could always sort the quest deck by quest line. All the "commonwealth" quests in one stack, all the "vault 84" in another... Personally, I think just finding the right pile would take more time than finding the right card in numerical order though.

Perhaps the best option if you find it tedious is just to make someone else at the table do it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Stl0369 wrote:
You could always sort the quest deck by quest line. All the "commonwealth" quests in one stack, all the "vault 84" in another... Personally, I think just finding the right pile would take more time than finding the right card in numerical order though.

Perhaps the best option if you find it tedious is just to make someone else at the table do it!

That doesn't quite work. Some quests can spawn in multiple scenarios. Honestly I wish almost all the quests worked this way except for a few scenario specific ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Knapp
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
David Umstattd wrote:
Stl0369 wrote:

That doesn't quite work. Some quests can spawn in multiple scenarios. Honestly I wish almost all the quests worked this way except for a few scenario specific ones.

I find the "seeding" of quest cards to be quite enjoyable. I love the way it works.

I however find the activation/motion/attacking of enemies to be tedious, especially once the entire map is explored.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.