Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Are the characters that come in the expansion solo packs ('The Factory', 'The Royal HQ', and 'The Estates') all available right off the bat? I.e., can I use a character from 'The Estates' (Episode 4) when playing 'The Station'? Or are the characters meant to stay only with their episodes?

Similarly, when playing a PvP game, can we use any characters from any of the expansions? Or only the six that come with the core game?

I anticipate that some replies might be, "It's your game, use whichever characters you like". And I get that. But I'd like to know how the designers intended the characters to be used/made available.

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they even labeled? I opened everything at once and put it all in the box right off the bat. I'd think if there were any intended restriction, it would've been stated somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, the thought had crossed my mind that the characters which come in each of the sequential expansion packs have abilities that are tailored to that particular pack (or "Episode" if you will).

Plus I'm not opening an expansion pack until I've progressed to it... sort of like how you don't rip open a mission folder in Mechs vs. Minions until you've progressed to it. And that's only because the Triplock expansion packs are sequentially numbered in Episodic order.

But if it turns out that the characters from those packs can be freely used in the PvP game, or for any of the solo episodes, then I'll rip them open in a heartbeat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

Are the characters that come in the expansion solo packs ('The Factory', 'The Royal HQ', and 'The Estates') all available right off the bat? I.e., can I use a character from 'The Estates' (Episode 4) when playing 'The Station'? Or are the characters meant to stay only with their episodes?

Similarly, when playing a PvP game, can we use any characters from any of the expansions? Or only the six that come with the core game?

I anticipate that some replies might be, "It's your game, use whichever characters you like". And I get that. But I'd like to know how the designers intended the characters to be used/made available.

Thx!

All characters are legal for both solo and PvP. You may choose to leave characters like Lottie and Zeddrick out until Royal HQ and The Estates just to be thematically consistent, but you can use them like you would any other, adhering to the proper character limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks Josh, much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.