3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Community » BoardGameGeek Community

Subject: Help me remember what game this is! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J C
msg tools
Hello all, new member here.
I went to a convention this weekend and played a neat game but I can't remember what it is called!

Card game
Secret spontaneous action sequence
Space related
Quick to play and learn

Each player starts the game with the same 7 numbered cards from a pile of 40 something, as recommended by the instructions for different play themes. For instance the game might call for cards 3, 11, 18, 21, 32, 43, and 45. One recommended play deck is called Hot Potato which has cards making you trade cards.

First a card is chosen to go into a Recovery (I believe) section face up, and then 1 card is discarded randomly, face down. You then choose a card from your hand to play simultaneously against the other players. If nobody has the same card then the card's effects happen in number order. If players show the same card then they clash, with usually detrimental results. The played cards are then put into the Recovery section, with the current recovery card being taken into hand.

Here are some of the cards I remember:
Shield (shielded from cards' effects)
Captain
Laser Cannon
Time Warp (you can lose all your points, but pick up your discard pile)
Electropulsion (a player is disabled)

Some cards make you discard; you lose when your hand is empty. Some cards give you tokens from a pile; you win when you collect 15 token points. Card No. 1 is a mimic card, so you can swap it with any card in your hand when played.

I'd appreciate any help! My Google-fu is strong but unsuccessful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Could it be Eminent Domain: Battlecruisers ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
msg tools
Yes, it sure is!! Much obliged. Knowing it’s a Kickstarter game makes it easier to know why I couldn’t find it. I see lots of comparisons to Libertalia so I guess I’ll have to check that out.

Happy hunting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.