Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I punched one and it had not been cleanly punched and pulled up a fair amount of the printed color layer. I then painstakingly edged the tokens with a razor blade. I was able to super glue down the graphic layer and carefully re-punch the token. (it came out ok)

Mainly wanted to provide warning. Most tokens were fine.

Otherwise game looks fantastic..rules seem straight forward... Hope to get it on the table soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Scarborough
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good of you to provide a warning! I’m not that thoughtful (mostly absent-mindedness, not intentionally inconsiderate).

I found pushing the tokens from one side—until they met moderate resistance—then pushing from the other side tendsd to cleanly punch the tokens. I still got a few with excess coating, but nothing that damaged the tokens or the coating they should have. The excess pulled off easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that issue was not completely solved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Westchester
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I had the same problem. It affected a couple of my tokens sadly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing happened to me. Be sure to punch the boards from the contoured side and not the flat side, it makes for better results. A few jagged edges, but at least nothing my tears off the tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Hayward
United States
Clio
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Same thing happened to me. Be sure to punch the boards from the contoured side and not the flat side, it makes for better results. A few jagged edges, but at least nothing my tears off the tokens.

Interesting that you say that, I had to punch from the flat sides for a clean token...

If I punched from the contoured side (I'm assuming you mean the side that's hit with a die), the printed layer on the flat side would tear, sometimes into other tokens, and I had to use an exacto with glue to get the tokens back into shape.

If I punched from the flat side, I had better luck, though maybe one or two tokens threatened to have layer separation (very small though). Eventually I found that applying pressure at multiple points to punch from the flat side got around the separation issue.

Good luck to those with their sheets, and I very, very much second the warning that you need to be careful with these. Beware if the tokens hang up on an edge...that seems to really mess these ones up more than other games I've punched.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had both issues. What I found is that if I looked at the "flat" or un-contoured, or not punched side, I could pretty easily discern which tokens were going to have issues on punching, those I xacto'd around. Many tokens punched well by wriggling the token back and forth.. e.g. punching partially from both sides... Luckily I have most of my myth figures painted so I was able to leave out from punching the the enemy tokens..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.