Hide
9 Posts

Gaia Project» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lost Planet for Knowledge/Planet-Type Tech Tile and QIC Action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom S
msg tools
We were playing a 2p game earlier, Geodens v. Ivits. Geoden player had successfully occupied all planet types and acquired the Lost Planet (thus assuring end-game planet-types 1st place). That player then acquired the tech tile for one knowledge per planet type -- and later spent 2 QIC for points based on different planet types. Do each of those actions include the Lost Planet as well?

It seems they should: since that symbol as an end-game result includes the Lost Planet, the other actions which use the same symbol should include it as well. But I wanted to make sure we hadn't missed something obvious from the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the lost planet counts as its own type. It is one of the 10 planet types listed in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
There are 10 planet types, but Transdim counts as Gaia for anything relating to planet types (scoring and tiles).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cook
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
There are 10 planet types, but Transdim counts as Gaia for anything relating to planet types (scoring and tiles).

So to clarify, there are 10 planet types in the game, but for scoring purposes you max out at 9, simply because to actually build on a Transdim planet you have to convert it to a Gaia planet, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
bwcook123 wrote:
JamesWolfpacker wrote:

So to clarify, there are 10 planet types in the game, but for scoring purposes you max out at 9, simply because to actually build on a Transdim planet you have to convert it to a Gaia planet, correct?

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastian Winkelhaus
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PrincepsPenguin wrote:
We were playing a 2p game earlier, Geodens v. Ivits. Geoden player had successfully occupied all planet types and acquired the Lost Planet (thus assuring end-game planet-types 1st place). That player then acquired the tech tile for one knowledge per planet type -- and later spent 2 QIC for points based on different planet types. Do each of those actions include the Lost Planet as well?

It seems they should: since that symbol as an end-game result includes the Lost Planet, the other actions which use the same symbol should include it as well. But I wanted to make sure we hadn't missed something obvious from the rulebook.

Everything written here is correct. Just wanna add that Geodens should also gotten 3 knowledge off their Planetary Institute for the Lost Planet, it not only is a new type of planet, but „acquiring“ it also counts as building a mine on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
zlorfik wrote:
Just wanna add that Geodens should also gotten 3 knowledge off their Planetary Institute for the Lost Planet, it not only is a new type of planet, but „acquiring“ it also counts as building a mine on it.
Just to make sure:
a) acquiring the Lost Planet in a round with "gain 2VP for placing a mine" also gives you these 2VP, right?
b) the Lost Planet is also worth 1VP towards the "gain 1VP per mine when passing" round booster. Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
zlorfik wrote:
Just wanna add that Geodens should also gotten 3 knowledge off their Planetary Institute for the Lost Planet, it not only is a new type of planet, but „acquiring“ it also counts as building a mine on it.
Just to make sure:
a) acquiring the Lost Planet in a round with "gain 2VP for placing a mine" also gives you these 2VP, right?
b) the Lost Planet is also worth 1VP towards the "gain 1VP per mine when passing" round booster. Correct?

Both a) and b) are correct.

Acquiring the Lost Planet equals to a de facto "Build a Mine" action on a 10th type of planet that requires no terraforming, nor QIC cost, nor gaiaforming.
Thus, it also:
- triggers the charge power passive action (both for your opponents when you place it, and for you when your opponents build or upgrade next to it), and
- allows you to spend QICs to extend the placement range by 2 each (beyond the now base 4-hex navigation range).

Everything that counts planet types counts the Lost Planet.
Everything that counts sectors counts the sector the Lost Planet has been placed into.
Everything that counts mines or structures counts the mine "embedded" on the Lost Planet.
Everything that counts power level (e.g.: forming federations, leeching power) considers the Lost Planet as a 1-power structure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom S
msg tools
Thanks, all, for your responses. We'll make sure the Orange Sami get their Lost Planet knowledge next go around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.