Joe Wyka
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had posted this to BGG General, but now I realize this is probably the more appropriate place for this!

The last couple of years Kevin Eastwood (eastwoodk) has run a Geeklist that challenged BGG users to be "net zero" on their spend on games for the year. That is, sell as many games as you need to cover the costs of the new games you acquire. I have found this very useful in understanding my annual spending habits and while I have not come close to being net zero, the visibility has inspired me to sell more games and gain some control over the game bloat - without going entirely off game purchasing cold turkey.

Kevin can no longer host the geeklist and so I have volunteered to run it for 2018. I have removed the contest aspect of the challenge and made it simply a personal challenge that folks can decide for themselves what they want to track and how they track it in a public format with others trying to achieve a similar goal.

Come check it out if it sounds like something you might want to try! It takes a bit of effort and a lot of honesty, but I'm a better game owner because of it.

2018 Official NET ZERO Challenge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.