Popular Tags: [View All]
Hung Nguyen
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I think it's fairly obvious that it is not allowed to shop/cook/spice/storage for anyone else [edit] using their pawn [\edit]

However, we've recently been playing 4P and sometimes it is really far to reach the money for the office for 1/2 of the players. As a result, when Person A puts their timer on Maître D or the waiter expedite action, they flip over new cards or then tap their own cards and ask for someone closer to the office to add the coins in.

I'm curious (from other players and the designer themselves) if this is outside of the spirit of the game due to table size etc., or if the people need to physically move the coin themselves when performing that action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that’s fine. And I should also point out that you can absolutely go shopping for another player. Shopping restocks the storage rooms, and does t interact directly with the plates of food. I believe it’s even mentioned in the rule book that as long as you’re still doing the storage action, you can benefit from somebody else’s shopping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hung Nguyen
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we've gone shopping with your own (or helper) pawns. What I meant to say is that you can't do the shopping using someone else's pawn. Like they can't place it, and then you do all the actions for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as you are performing the actions with your workers, you can have someone else help you with the physical aspect, for example place the 2 coins in the Office or hand you the Ingredient tokens that you can't reach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hung Nguyen
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification! I think we still might play with the only "help" you can get is the coins in the office. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.