Hide
7 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Spider-Man mastermind rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oscar Baechler
msg tools
First off, big thanks to Fostorial for his work on Legedit! Just put this out in a matter of minutes on the new alpha version.

I wanted to capture some classic aspects of the Spider cards (wall crawl, weenie costs, endless cards, and frustrating much more powerful foes by flitting about and being a nuisance.) With 2 attack I don't know how well this works out point-wise, but in a game where you're unlucky with strikes and mastermind tactics, you'd end the game needing 80 attack total to go through this annoying lil bug. Plus his fight requirement limits your ability to plow through him in one turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you playtested it yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Baechler
msg tools
LOL no. We'll try it out Next weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like he'd be a pushover to defeat. It might be a fair amount of power spent overall, but you only need to contribute 2 points at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'd at least recommend giving him 6 or 7 points in an Elusive ability. Maybe 8 points. It would remain thematic and you wouldn't have to change that much.

Keep in mind that if you have an ability that restricts players' ability to attack, there should be an asterisk (*) next to the Attack value on the Commander card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Snaer
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand what you're saying! When you say Mastermind Deck, I'm sure you actually mean Mastermind Tactics. For instance:

You reveal the "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man" Tactic and put it into you victory pile. This, however, also causes the top two cards of the Hero Deck to be shuffled into his Mastermind Tactics as well. I think this would work out very well, since you'd have to spend a total of 26/// to defeat him completely.

Now don't get me wrong, he's still a pushover in that regard, we'd be able to fight him on the first turn of the game, so I'd recommend giving him more utility or changing up his kit a bit to compensate for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database!

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.