Alvin Lo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jarrod Parry ability:
While defending, you may exhaust 1 of your melee weapon to apply +1 block to the defense results.

1. Is it possible that Jarrod exhausted his weapon and cannot attack in his activation?

2. Can apply the +1 block from parry after the dice a rolled?

3. I don't have the cards in front of me. There are some weapon upgrade card have two attribute. e.g. first one said +1 hit, the second one said exhausted and then +1 blast. In my first activation's attack, I exhausted the upgrade card to get +1 blast. In my second activation's attack, do I still get the exhausted weapon upgrade +1 hit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Using a weapon does not have an exhaust cost, thus exhausted weapons can be used normally. Also, the class and item cards of heroes ready at the start of the hero's activation, so Jarrod always starts his activation with his weapons ready.

2. Yes, "while defending" and adding or removing symbols or accuracy means the ability can be used during step 4 of the attack (apply modifiers).

3. Are you mixing activations and actions? Class and item cards of heroes ready at the start of their activation. If an ability has an exhaust cost, it is optional and can only be used if you exhaust the card. If a card is already exhausted, you cannot pay an exhaust cost. Note that other abilities on the same card that do not have an exhaust cost can still be used.

If you exhaust Spread Barrel on an attack to gain +1 damage, it is then exhausted and you cannot exhaust it again during the same activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You can attack with an exhausted weapon. You cannot exhaust a weapon that is already exhausted, though.

2. You should apply this affect during the apply modifiers step of the attack, which is after the dice are rolled.

3. Are you confusing áctivations with actions? You would have readied the card at the start of a second activation. Assuming you are talking about actions, you do still get all the benefits of a card which is exhausted, except for anything that requires you to exhaust the card again, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.