Subject: Youtube Tutorials? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
OOB DOOB
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
hi all, are there any solid youtube tutorials?

I feel like this is a game that might be easier to watch how to play vs read how to play.

The rules seem like they can be split into 2m-3m easy to digest chunks...box organization...character setup...putting game on table...adventure setup.....new scene...rounds...scene conclusion-victory/loss...what to do in between sessions, etc?

Do any have any solid links or recommends? It would give us some confidence to start playing. Right now we’re a litte...afraid? I guess?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
mbmbmbmbmb
Here ya go!

https://geekandsundry.com/how-to-play-dragonfire/

I would also recommend looking up slickerdrips runthrough, and rahdo should have a runhrough in the next week or so!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Smog
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this game shares a lot in common with Shadowrun Crossfire, I felt pretty comfortable picking up Dragonfire based on my experience with Shadowrun. You can watch Rahdo's Runthrough of Shadowrun as well:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOpnY1att8o&list=PLmQverenaaqIfB23NV...]

He also has a series in which he goes into more detail explaining his thoughts and strategies on how to best defeat obstacles: www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZDF0V92oRY&list=PLmQverenaaqJoOfipB...]

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The geekandsundry video link above is by far the most polished and fun to watch, but there's no gameplay shown. Slickerdrips playthrough is a pretty solid video. You can find it under Recent Reviews here on the Dragonfire home page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
kcurtis wrote:
The geekandsundry video link above is by far the most polished and fun to watch, but there's no gameplay shown. Slickerdrips playthrough is a pretty solid video. You can find it under Recent Reviews here on the Dragonfire home page.

They do have a play through on their Game the Game show. I think it is only available via Twitch now though... I recently got hooked up w/ that via Amazon Prime, so if you have prime but haven't selected a Twitch channel yet as your freebie that's a way of doing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
OOB DOOB
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
kcurtis wrote:

Thanks—I’ll check it out.

Watching the geek and sundry video, it really didn’t explain the game to me — read the rule book was a common refrain, and I think that’s our problem.

We have yet to play it because we don’t understand how to—fear of getting it wrong has set in. The rule book seems like it will be perfect once we figure out the basics, but figuring out the basics so far are a bit beyond us. I’m feel like if we had the right tutorial videos, it would be off to the races.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
The basics run very similar to Shadowrun Crossfire, I know there are a several game play videos of that out there... that might be an option to gain some familiarity w/ the system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another vote for the Slickerdrips video. He plays the games and explains it as he goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.