Popular Tags: [View All]
Dune Tiger
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I scoured the forums here, but sadly it's not all that active, so I'm hoping someone's lurking around and willing to clarify something for me.

Bounding Fire
The way I interpret Bounding Fire is you can move multiple units together and they will make a bounding fire attempt together (assuming they moved to the same space) as a single firegroup. The alternate interpretation is each individual unit will make an attempt on its own, which seems counter-intuitive, but could be the actual deal. Which is correct?

Suggested Example: Activated space has 3 PMCs. All three move to a target space and make a bounding fire attempt on an adjacent space, adding their strengths together and taking both the 3d6-lose-high-roll and -2 drm penalties.

Counterattack
I don't really have a ruling on this one, but it seems like a counterattack to a bounding fire attempt can put other units at risk. For example, suppose a single MCU moves into a space and joins a friendly crawler and PMC. The MCU makes a bounding fire attempt since it moved, but it does not add the crawler and PMC strength because they did not move. Sounds reasonable. Now, the MCU fails and gets an NE result on say, a single target PMC next door. The enemy PMC now counterattacks as permitted in the rules.

The question here is, does that one PMC counterattack against just the MCU that fired at it, or against all units in that space where the MCU landed?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DuneTiger wrote:

Bounding Fire
The way I interpret Bounding Fire is you can move multiple units together and they will make a bounding fire attempt together (assuming they moved to the same space) as a single firegroup. The alternate interpretation is each individual unit will make an attempt on its own, which seems counter-intuitive, but could be the actual deal. Which is correct?

You can bounding fire units that move together as a single firegroup.

DuneTiger wrote:

Counterattack
The question here is, does that one PMC counterattack against just the MCU that fired at it, or against all units in that space where the MCU landed?

All units in the space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dune Tiger
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Chris! We played exactly this way. I got trounced, but had a lot of fun. Going to try Imperial Stars II next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.