11 Posts

The Quest for El Dorado» Forums » Variants

Subject: Thread to post expansion ideas, just for fun. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
More Meeples
msg tools
mbmbmb
My initial impression is that more catch-up opportunity would be good, especially as blocking can only be done when you're leading, so why not a card that gives an advantage if you're in that situation.

Maybe your explorers, having been blocked by an opponents camp and with nothing else to do, go and steal some resources, or swap places with them? idk.

(I miss the sort of Area of Effect catch up mechanic from hearthstone, where a player can be punished from playing lots of cards quickly. But I've only played two games, so I'm hoping I'm just wrong.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An expansion called "Dropped Supplies"
The explorers needed more provisions and were barely able to get a signal through for help, here's what was dropped:
~a card that let's you destroy the space you just left
~a voodoo card that allows you to cancel any one card an opponent is about to play
~Mountain gear to travel through the mountains
~Gear that lets you climb trees high enough to see what's coming (i.e. allows you to rearrange your draw deck).
~Cards that allow you to combo terrain
~special single hex Quicksand tiles placed by you to slow opponents down
~native spies to steal cards from your opponents hand, discard pile or draw pile
~Tropical rain cards that opponents can add to your discard pile, they do nothing for you except clog your hand
~at any base camp you can either pay the listed cost or roll a custom d6 with both horrible and rewarding outcomes, a kind of "fate" die
~Unique Role cards that give each play a special rule breaker

this was fun!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
An expansion called "Dropped Supplies"
The explorers needed more provisions and were barely able to get a signal through for help, here's what was dropped:
~a card that let's you destroy the space you just left
~a voodoo card that allows you to cancel any one card an opponent is about to play
~Mountain gear to travel through the mountains
~Gear that lets you climb trees high enough to see what's coming (i.e. allows you to rearrange your draw deck).
~Cards that allow you to combo terrain
~special single hex Quicksand tiles placed by you to slow opponents down
~native spies to steal cards from your opponents hand, discard pile or draw pile
~Tropical rain cards that opponents can add to your discard pile, they do nothing for you except clog your hand
~at any base camp you can either pay the listed cost or roll a custom d6 with both horrible and rewarding outcomes, a kind of "fate" die
~Unique Role cards that give each play a special rule breaker

this was fun!!!!!!

Wow...these are honestly GREAT ideas!! This is a game i'd buy in a second!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Win So
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No ideas to contribute, but just in case you weren't aware - Reiner Knizia has announced that there will be an expansion for this game sometime this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for fun, I'd like to see a Predator expansion goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Fuss
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A dynamite card that will allow you to move through a mountain space. A tile is placed on this space so that all other explorers can now pass through the space previously occupied by the mountain.

A rope bridge tile that spans several spaces and is removed after the first explorer crosses it, dropping anyone else on the bridge into the spaces below.

A volcano where lava flows out and blocks more and more spaces each round, ultimately restricting where the explores can go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mountain hexes you can add to any board to make movement more difficult.
EVENT cards would work well in this game.
A different start tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A shovel card that lets you dig through either your own discard or draw pile for one card and add it to your hand, then trash the shovel card (because you broke your shovel).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Castle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Saboteur action card.
Draw one card and then you may play a card to move an opponent's explorer instead of your own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A Boulder Hex that moves from a mountain in a random direction (maybe a dice dictates where it goes?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2d20 wrote:
Just for fun, I'd like to see a Predator expansion goo

I wasn't too far off! 'Heroes & Demons'

Expansion Announced
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.