Shadowrun: Crossfire» Forums » General

Subject: Crossfire vs Dragonfire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fenmar
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just discovered that Dragonfire has been released since months... how come that nobody discussed this in this forum? Is Dragonfire really a re-implementation of Crossfire? From some videos, it seems it is not...
... anybody who played the two and wants to report some comments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfenici wrote:
I have just discovered that Dragonfire has been released since months... how come that nobody discussed this in this forum? Is Dragonfire really a re-implementation of Crossfire? From some videos, it seems it is not...

Dragonfire forums are very active.
It's not exactly the same, and it's a good spiritual successor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fenmar
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
mfenici wrote:

Dragonfire forums are very active.
It's not exactly the same, and it's a good spiritual successor.

Thanks! I wrote this post because I was surprised by the fact that nobody talked about it in THIS forum. I have subscribed to it, and as a player of SH.CF I was interested in DF. I do not think I am going to buy it because the fantasy theme hooks me less that cyberpunk, and more importantly nobody in my game group wants to stick to a game for more than 2 sessions... :-(

By the way, I have seen that some changes are up to SR.CF as well, so I wait for the release of CF 2.0...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Normal operation is to talk about another product only until the forums for that game come out - then discussion happens there.

Sorry that wasn't your expectation.

And... you are missing out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fenmar
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Normal operation is to talk about another product only until the forums for that game come out - then discussion happens there.

Sorry that wasn't your expectation.

I was trying to insufflate new life in this forum!

byronczimmer wrote:
And... you are missing out.

I know! but what can I do if my group of friends dislikes co-op? On my shelf at home, rarely played: Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game, XCOM: The Board Game, Ghost Stories, Shadowrun: Crossfire...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twisk of the Blue Feathers
United States
flag msg tools
My name is Twisker, and I am a baby parrotlet.
badge
For no discernible reason, I like hanging trapeze-like in towel folds.
mbmbmbmbmb
mfenici wrote:

I know! but what can I do if my group of friends dislikes co-op? On my shelf at home, rarely played: Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game, XCOM: The Board Game, Ghost Stories, Shadowrun: Crossfire...

Play solitaire?

Check out the 1 Player guild
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'd just prefer to expect to see Dragonfire content on that forum.

In the Strategy section there I compared the market card options.

Maybe that's worth a read to you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I also prefer to speak about each game on the dedicated fora, except to compare two games.

Eagerly waiting for CF 2.0!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chuft wrote:
mfenici wrote:

Play solitaire?

Check out the 1 Player guild

Can confirm, SR:CF is an excellent solitaire game with 2 or 3 runners
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy scott
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The reprint of crossfire will incorporate things they have learned from dragonfire!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Pufky
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bassoon201 wrote:
The reprint of crossfire will incorporate things they have learned from dragonfire!

Hopefully they don't make all of the changes that were made in Dragonfire. While I like some of the changes, overall I like Crossfire better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Kupper
United States
La Crosse
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually went out and replaced my lost copy of SRCF after seeing Dragonfire. Dragonfire doesn't have solo play baked in, which means it is irrelevant to me. I play solo at home, 2p at lunches and 3+ on the rare Thursday game night. So SR is far and away better. Plus I'm a runner from way back. So thematically SR always wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Márcio Seufitele
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
About mechanics.. I played SR:CF a lot.. and recently I got a copy of Dragonfire... Comparing mechanics, it is pretty much the same game, but I noticed that, among other differences, in Dragonfire we do not draw a card in the beggining of turn. Is that right? Because I read all Dragonfire Manual, and didn't see any mention about getting a card at the start. Sorry if my doubt is in wrong forum/place...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seufi wrote:
About mechanics.. I played SR:CF a lot.. and recently I got a copy of Dragonfire... Comparing mechanics, it is pretty much the same game, but I noticed that, among other differences, in Dragonfire we do not draw a card in the beggining of turn. Is that right? Because I read all Dragonfire Manual, and didn't see any mention about getting a card at the start. Sorry if my doubt is in wrong forum/place...

You didn't draw a card at the beginning of a SRCF turn either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Márcio Seufitele
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
seufi wrote:

I've been playing it wrong... all along... thanks for clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seufi wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
seufi wrote:

I've been playing it wrong... all along... thanks for clarification!

I'm very sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sar Athas
msg tools
One could add that you do draw a card in SR:CF at the start of your turn if you are staggered, and none in the draw&buy step.
In Dragonfire, you simply draw one card instead of 2 in the replenish phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.