Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Norwood
United States
Harbor City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This fan-made variant is posted in the file section with rules to play For Sale with 1, 2, or 3 player counts:
Simple-Minded 1-3 Player Variant

For 1-2 players, there are several other fan-made variants which work well. And for 3 players, you can already use the official rules. This variant provides even more ways to enjoy the game. I think the rules are hopefully simple enough and yet effective for this quick and light game.

Play against 2 static AI players named Homer and Hut, which challenge players to compete against a larger field of players. Personally, I think 4-6 players is where the game shines so that was the motivation for this variant. It was an afterthought that it works as a quick solo game.

Basically, Homer and Hut always make static bids of $1 and $3. Human players must bid into the available slots, i.e. pass, bid $2, or bid $4 or more. Money will be tight, which makes the challenge. Selling phase is mostly the same with Homer and Hut playing their cards at random. For harder games give (human) players less money to start.

See the file above for full details. Please enjoy and provide comments.

------------------------------------------------

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.