Hide
4 Posts

Carcassonne» Forums » General

Subject: Expansions and Meeples... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyra Clarke
msg tools
Looking for some advice, we usually play a game with four people and having recently really enjoying in the game we have ordered the big box 5 with gives us another set of Meeple.

So once it all arrives we will then have...
2 base games
1 Princess and Dragon
2 Inns and Cathedrals
1 Count
1 King
1 Traders and Builders
1 Hills and Sheep
1 River1
1 River2
1 Wheel of Fortune (which I believe includes another base game).

Would you play with just one set of Meeple, Use both or just add a few more in??

TIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd use just one. It makes your economy tight - use too many meeples, and you're out of luck.

Then again, there will be more fighting for claims with more meeples to go around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Purists and "rules as is" definitely say to not use more than 1 set of meeples, as the tension from managing your meeples is of one thing that makes the game enjoyable for some.

OTOH, it IS up to you on how you'd really like to play it, so if that makes things more fun, by all means!

P.S. they need to name one of their Big Box sets just that... "Expansions and meeples" laugh meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
mbmbmb
You shouldn't need the extra meeples when playing. Part of playing well is being able to finish things off rather then just leaving half finished roads and castles across the countryside so I would recommend just 1 set of meeples.

But play both and see what works for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.