8 Posts

Runebound (Third Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Can anyone help ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Halifax
msg tools
mbmb
So, since discovering the improved Adventure and Story system, interesting combat, and most important - dedicated solo/coop expansion (usable with most other expansions) -- I want to get this game!

I gave up all my 2nd edition stuff quite some time ago and would love to get a bunch of 3rd edition.

QUESTION though: Can anyone tell me if there are (m)any cards with the word "demon" on them?

I don't care if a card looks evil or something - just don't like playing with cards that have the actual wording "demon" on them (or a lot of curses for that matter). If one one or two, I can remove or rename, but much makes the game a pass for me.

Well, that's all - appreciate any helps -- I couldn't find any card lists.

I know the intro to the game mentions demons, but I've not seen any such cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't recall any demon cards.

With an expansion or two, you could totally remove any demon cards if there are any and not have any problems with a lack of cards. There are lots of cards, but again I don't recall any relating to demons.

Best Wishes meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Halifax
msg tools
mbmb
Thank you Josh. One game that might not need fingernail polish remover (haha.)

Now... to look for a trade that has the UB expansion - wish me luck !

(if anyone does know or find any offending cards, so to speak, please post)

Thanks !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Eye
United States
flag msg tools
D6 dead ahead Captain!
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a quick look through the "Locust Swarm" scenario, which is one of the coop scenarios in the new coop expansion. I'd guess that over half of the enemies in that scenario have the demonic trait on the card. Some of the other cards in that scenario refer to these enemies, as well.

I scanned the other scenarios, and I didn't see any other enemies with that trait. So, if you are willing to set the Locust scenario aside, you might be fine. (I have all of the expansions, with the exception of The Gilded Blade.)

The only other place I can think of where you might encounter something with demon on the card, could be in the marketplace, if there is some dark magic item or something. I don't recall ever seeing an item like that, but wouldn't be surprised if something like that exists. It would be simple to just remove that from the game, if you found one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Halifax
msg tools
mbmb
Red, thanks.
that's actually a problem, as I would only be solo playing, so the coop expansion would be a primary purchase, and it only has 2 scenarios as it is.

Ugh... think that would remove too much content for the price.

Hum... Guess I'll go back to trying like heck to find a copy of Myth Dark Frontiers and/or the expansions for Myth 2.0

Thanks very kindly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Tungsten
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are enemies with the keyword Demonic, yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Eye
United States
flag msg tools
D6 dead ahead Captain!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you would have the two scenarios from the base game, plus the other one from the expansion. All three can now be played solo/coop. So you could still play 3 out of the 4.

And you can add the other spider scenario expansion for not too much, which will get you to 4.

That would be worth it to me (I really like this game), but your mileage may vary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Noch gibt es dies Land nur im Geiste, doch stehen wir wachsam bereit. Am Feuer erklingen die Lieder für eine bessere Zeit.
mbmbmbmbmb
scotiangamer1 wrote:
Red, thanks.
that's actually a problem, as I would only be solo playing, so the coop expansion would be a primary purchase, and it only has 2 scenarios as it is.

Ugh... think that would remove too much content for the price.

Hum... Guess I'll go back to trying like heck to find a copy of Myth Dark Frontiers and/or the expansions for Myth 2.0

Thanks very kindly.

Please consider that the Uthuk scenario features the demonic keyword because of the origins of the Uthuk race, which is something tied to the fantasy setting of the game, not to the religious concept of demon.

Now, I don't know whether your issue is with the word as written, or with the idea of playing with traditional demons (no judgement here, 100% total freedom for me), but if it's the latter, you might wanna reconsider because Uthuk's are not tied to Satan or anything like that.

In any case, keep in mind that the solo exp enables you four solo scenarios beside the Uthuk one: there's one other scenario specific for this expansion, and you have the three coop versions of the two scenarios coming in the core set and of Queen Ariad, so, you should have enough to play even if the Uthuk scenario remains in the box, or goes to the trashcan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.