Deep Space D-6: Armada» Forums » General

Subject: Dead? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derick Yoon
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hi, I want to know what happened to DSD6: Armada?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Austin
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
I can still beat the Nemesis Beast!
badge
Solo Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was under the impression this was always going to be a 2018 Kick Starter, However it has been postponed (Probably to the second half of the year).
soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the DSD6 reprint has been delayed and he wants to finish that out before beginning something new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Artorig wrote:
I think the DSD6 reprint has been delayed and he wants to finish that out before beginning something new.

He has started and got founded another kickstarter campaign of a different game. In december!
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/242076/mythic-arcana

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
.... BUT... DSd6 2nd ed. is not manufactured yet. Armada has at least 6 months till it is even ready for a rough KS.

And after this DSd6 campaign, I will wait ll aomeone resells theirs. I am not funding them directly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to remember him saying somewhere that the Mythic Arcana game was good to go to press, so there was very little time investment for him.

But DSD6 2nd seems to be dragging longer than it should with very little communication. I worry about him as a person, as a human, if he's doing ok.

That said, I'm no longer positive about backing Armada either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hegerty
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Artorig wrote:
I seem to remember him saying somewhere that the Mythic Arcana game was good to go to press, so there was very little time investment for him.

But DSD6 2nd seems to be dragging longer than it should with very little communication. I worry about him as a person, as a human, if he's doing ok.

I also worry about how he's doing, especially after reading all the Cambridge games stories.
I hope this doesn't sour him to kickstarter. But I don't feel uncertain about whether I will be backing DSD6 armada once it hits KS. Instaback for me.

Like he said in the updates, reprints are horrible problems if you have a commitment to quality. I'm glad he's going through the trouble because I want the game. But it doesn't sound like Armada would have the same issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neub wrote:
Artorig wrote:

I also worry about how he's doing, especially after reading all the Cambridge games stories.
I hope this doesn't sour him to kickstarter. But I don't feel uncertain about whether I will be backing DSD6 armada once it hits KS. Instaback for me.

Like he said in the updates, reprints are horrible problems if you have a commitment to quality. I'm glad he's going through the trouble because I want the game. But it doesn't sound like Armada would have the same issues.

What are the Cambridge stories?

Having things not go the way you hope can be a frustrating and a blow when things don't go as planned. Especially if you expected it would be simpler than it ended up being.

I'm not so worried though. I think he wants to wait until things are sorted and well on their way with the existing campaign and not put too much on his plate at once. That's smart I think.

Hopefully it hasn't soured him like another independent kickstarter developer I know. He gave up completely which is too bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Artorig wrote:

He said something similar for the reprint. From the risk and challenge section:
Quote:
Because this is a straight reprint, all the principle art assets are already complete. The expansion is the only part that remains unfinished but I do not foresee that as a lengthy process.

Sorry for the negativity, we all are on the same boat: I was eager to get Armada and finally play dsd6 multiplayer! At some point I was thinking about kickstarting the other different games he announced he would kickstart before that, as a sign of appreciation for his work. And this even if I think the original dsd6 is far than perfect (or, to be honest, is a proper mess in some aspects) but I liked it.

I am not even interested in the expansion deck, one of the two reasons I backed it was the hope that Armada would have followed as soon as possible.
And the other, most important for me, reason was to get the long way home campaign which doesn't even need to be manifactured and shipped. The irony!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hegerty
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:

https://qz.com/94925/this-man-lost-his-house-because-his-kic...
Can't find a better link, CGF did Glory to Rome Blackbox and it went poorly for the designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neub wrote:
venrondua wrote:

Can't find a better link, CGF did Glory to Rome Blackbox and it went poorly for the designer.

Holy crap. That's scary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a capitalist, through and through. Star Trek: The Dice Game took everything I liked about DSd6 and made a pseudo-campaign out of it. I am playing that, loving it, and have little to look forward to from Tony.

We should have a PnP posted as soon as files are sent to compensate a loss of over 3+ Months.

I am mean and greedy. So take my aggressive approach with a grain of salt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
Neub wrote:
venrondua wrote:

Holy crap. That's scary.

It’s also quite a bit of bs. He lost his second house because of obvious mistakes he made on his own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.