Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Jacobson

Omaha
Nebraska - NE
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this repeated. I checked the FAQ and couldn't find an answer for this: starting in, I think, year four some locations require you to pull two Dark Arts events in a turn. Some events also require pulling an"additional event". If this is on your first event if the turn for that location, do you automatically have to pull at least three events then it can you just get away with two counting the additional as the second event that the location requires while also fulfilling the event requirement of an"additional" card at the same time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gohawks wrote:
Sorry if this repeated. I checked the FAQ and couldn't find an answer for this: starting in, I think, year four some locations require you to pull two Dark Arts events in a turn. Some events also require pulling an"additional event". If this is on your first event if the turn for that location, do you automatically have to pull at least three events then it can you just get away with two counting the additional as the second event that the location requires while also fulfilling the event requirement of an"additional" card at the same time?

You have to draw three. Tough luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also:

Reveal an additional Dark Arts event question
Multiple Dark Arts cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct in that there is no offical answer to this, but I really doubt revealing fewer cards is the intent.

I think the use of the word "additional" basically answers the question. This word implies that the revealed card is an "addition" to your already existing location requirements. If you count it against the location total, you're not adding anything - you're just doing something you would have had to do anyway. If the DA card said "Reveal another Dark Arts Event" or even simply just "Reveal a Dark Arts Event" you might have an argument (albeit weak) that it could count towards your location total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.