Alderac Entertainment Group» Forums » General

Subject: "City of Heroes" Collectible Card Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mary Johnson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I understand that back in the day when "City Of Heroes" was live, AEG put out a "City of Heroes Collectible Card Game". While this seems to be no lnger available, I am most interested in whether or not the "customizable card" feature might still be up and running anywhere. If I understood correctly, when buying the game, there was a way to custom-create Hero cards with your own game characters.

Does that aspect of the AEG game still exist anywhere? Given the considerable COH community still active on Facebook, I'm guessing there are still a great many members of the COH community who'd happily pay for the change to create those custom-cards for their characters, if only for the nostalgia factor!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dancey
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
AEG long ago lost all rights to anything related to City of Heroes. We don't host any resources related to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Roth
Germany
Wistedt
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, I remember the days, when CoH was alive. One of the greatest MMORPG's of all times. The CCG though went past me, especially here in europe.

I did a quick search and only found an old web archive article (at http://web.archive.org/web/20061207185321/http://www.cohccg.com/cardbuilder) on the Hero Builder, but it is not functional anymore.

But you might check out the facebook group or other fansites, if they have photoshop templates with icons etc to create your own hero cards. Sadly I don't know any fansite, it has simply been too long.

But sifting through my CoH art folder, look what I've found, my Frost Phantom card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Johnson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Thanks. I'd not have thought to check out the AEG Facebook page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.