Subject: Targeting multiple enemies? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't appear as if any character has any ability to target multiple enemies... This seems odd to me no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throwin Rocks
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't thought of that. It seems like it would be cool if there were spells or chants that could damage several henchmen at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dhoehler wrote:
I hadn't thought of that. It seems like it would be cool if there were spells or chants that could damage several henchmen at the same time.

Seemed like a natural mechanic to me...kinda a shame they didn't take advantage of it.. :-/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Adler
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The characters already can build up to have two or three attacks each round, which they can freely divide. And there are even more methods to harm the opponents. I'm convinced, it is a balance issue, one regular attack harming several henchmen at the same damage point level would be too powerful and harming several henchmen for just one or two points you would not really want.

Still, in a specific adventure such an effect could be included with the method of the 'hero action'. But I doubt, it will ever be included as an action card of a specific hero. The mage did not get it with the Ignisphaero-Fireball, so no one will get it. It is not useful for 1 vs 1-duels, too.

The permission by the rules to simply melee a henchmen bowman in the backrow is more disturbing me, but clearly it is for simplicity.

Edit: In contrast, while the multi-attack might never be for characters, in 'Firetears', the Three-Headed 'Giant Lindworm' (a kind of Aventuria-Dragons) has such attacks. It is defined as a 'monster', not a character, but it is very similiar playable like a character in duel mode (vs one or more heros). And in the adventure mode the 'Giant Lindworm' works like three leaders (and more rule specifics) and its action rolls include multi-attacks, too.

Edit: Oops, I misremembered this. The Duel-mode-monster-Lindworm has, like charakters, no multi-attack. The Adventure-mode-Lindworm, not played by a human, has attacks, which are quite common multi-attacks. These are action roll results on the Dragon-Head-Cards. In addition, there are some leader action cards doing multi-attacks, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eaglewing wrote:

The permission by the rules to simply melee a henchmen bowman in the backrow is more disturbing me, but clearly it is for simplicity.

Edit: In contrast, while the multi-attack might never be for characters, in 'Firetears', the Three-Headed 'Giant Lindworm' (a kind of Aventuria-Dragons) has such attacks. It is defined as a 'monster', not a character, but it is very similiar playable like a character in duel mode (vs one or more heros). And in the adventure mode the 'Giant Lindworm' works like three leaders (and more rule specifics) and its action rolls include multi-attacks, too.

Very true...it's a shame that they didn't somehow work the concept of "location" into this otherwise great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.