14 Posts

Sid Meier's Civilization: A New Dawn» Forums » Rules

Subject: Nuclear Power rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Pf
Canada
flag msg tools
When you use it, can you just use it directly on your opponent's capital city regardless of distance? And when that happens, do you automatically get its wonder and 2 resources? It seems OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ANDRES PALACIOS
Peru
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can use it on any space, rival cities and your cities (in order to destroy enemy tokens), but it doesn't state that you destroy the city or that you win an attack (so, you don't receive wonders, resources or tokens). It lets you flip rival reinforced tokens, so you can later attack a city and take it easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Papenfuss
United States
Star
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Your results are back: it's negative"......um, is that a bad thing?
mbmbmbmbmb
andpal21 wrote:
You can use it on any space, rival cities and your cities (in order to destroy enemy tokens), but it doesn't state that you destroy the city or that you win an attack (so, you don't receive wonders, resources or tokens). It lets you flip rival reinforced tokens, so you can later attack a city and take it easily.

Or, if the power token is already not reinforced, it gets removed. This could slow an opponent down for 'exploration' or 'populous' victory conditions, in addition to making it less defensible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ANDRES PALACIOS
Peru
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
exactly! that actually happened to me last night

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pouya Ostadpour
Iran
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish this had some restrictions. It's too much powerful for its sake. Specially when you have Oracle wonder which lets you change two focus cards each turn, nuclear power could always be in tier 5 and you're bombing your opponent every turn and you won't let his cities become mature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Thompson
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
happypooya wrote:
I wish this had some restrictions. It's too much powerful for its sake. Specially when you have Oracle wonder which lets you change two focus cards each turn, nuclear power could always be in tier 5 and you're bombing your opponent every turn and you won't let his cities become mature.

Isn't Oracle two adjacent cards ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wolfe
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Incarnadyne wrote:

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pouya Ostadpour
Iran
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Incarnadyne wrote:
happypooya wrote:

Yeah! you're right! Wow, thank you, it's a big difference now that I can play it correctly! I'm totally blind! Me and all my friends I should say!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dousay
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, follow up question..... what if one of the control tokens that's removed is on a natural resource? I assume that the controlling player loses the natural resource token and it's placed back on the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pouya Ostadpour
Iran
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so. There's another way you may lose(?) your control on a natural wonder, when you move a token from it to an adjacent spot. You don't lose that wonder in this case, unless someone actually puts a token in that spot, in which case she takes the natural wonder token from you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Angel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
happypooya wrote:
I don't think so. There's another way you may lose(?) your control on a natural wonder, when you move a token from it to an adjacent spot. You don't lose that wonder in this case, unless someone actually puts a token in that spot, in which case she takes the natural wonder token from you.

Hi Pouya,

Your assumption is wrong.

In the rulebook, page 15, under Control Tokens is written:

"If a control token is removed from a natural wonder’s space due
to a card effect or a barbarian, that natural wonder’s token is
returned to that space."
So, when you lose your control token on a natural wonder, you don't control that space anymore and you must return the natural wonder token.

Regards,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dousay
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Didn't recall that rule at the time but that's how we played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pouya Ostadpour
Iran
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sikuma wrote:
happypooya wrote:

Hi Pouya,

Your assumption is wrong.

In the rulebook, page 15, under Control Tokens is written:

"If a control token is removed from a natural wonder’s space due
to a card effect or a barbarian, that natural wonder’s token is
returned to that space."
So, when you lose your control token on a natural wonder, you don't control that space anymore and you must return the natural wonder token.

Regards,

Very well! you're right! It would be easier if they wrote that the only way you own a natural wonder is when you have a control token on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Angel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, there are lot of oversights and misreadings in the rulebook. I hope they will clear that with a good FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.