Subject: Review of Firefly rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Lovas
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
Firefly is a game that seems complicated at the start (and can feel even more complicated with each expansion), but can really be simple once you start playing. If you play with a group (rather than solo or as a pair) be prepared to play for hours--some games have gone more than the listed 3 hour mark on the goal cards. Each added member to the game extends the game time. It is however a great group game and is even better in some aspects with more, such as with the Pirates and Bounty Hunters expansion that I would recommend not playing with only two people. With all of the easily accessible expansions (Pirates and Bounty Hunters, Jetwash, Esmeralda, Kaladasa, and Blue Sun) there are eight different pieces/potential players and Map expansions that makes the game more competitive and spaced out so players are not always right in each others way. When you have all the expansions, however, you will need to have a lot of space designated for the game as just the board takes up 50"x20" and the space 4 players need is about the same.
With all of the options that players have for games (plus the ability to easily add your own wrinkles to the gameplay) Firefly is easily a game that can be played and taught to the newest of board game players (I have even played an edited version with a 10 year old niece) and can be challenging for veteran players as well. This is by far one of my favorite games with an extremely high replay-ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.