9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Bugs

Subject: Font size of quoted material becomes tiny rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No reason to make quoted material more difficult to read. At least allow a user preference to control font size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gronak wrote:
No reason to make quoted material more difficult to read. At least allow a user preference to control font size.

Possible, you just have to know how...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
herace wrote:
Gronak wrote:

Possible, you just have to know how...

By which he means use the Font Size drop-down menu at the right when posting, or just use the [ size = X ] tag directly.

Not sure exactly what it is you are originally referring to though. Can you give examples?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every instance of quoted material I view is smaller.

Does using REPLY WITH QUOTE actually allow the person to set a size?
Even if so, how many people bother with doing so?

I have my computer settings such that the font displays at the smallest size I can read comfortably. Stuff that appears smaller is a nuisance, and there is no reason for that to be a default behavior.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gronak wrote:

I have my computer settings such that the font displays at the smallest size I can read comfortably. Stuff that appears smaller is a nuisance, and there is no reason for that to be a default behavior.

Isn't the above smaller than this line ???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Gronak wrote:
Gronak wrote:

Isn't the above smaller than this line ???

Oh, I see what you refer to now.

No, not a bug. Looking at the page source it seems to be a property of a class called quote. Never even noticed it before. As you have noted, you can control the size at which your browser renders this text; thus you can increase it so that the quoted text size is big enough. Or you could monkey with a couple of browser tools to override the page source.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, there is no way for ME to increase the font size of quotes in YOUR post.
Zooming the whole page is NOT a solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gronak wrote:

Using a browser extension like Stylebot lets you alter any website's styling. You can even pick prettier colors, if you're so inclined:

Edit: Or, something else you might like, you can transform all the text to make it all uppercase, to make everybody shout like you do:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gronak wrote:
I'm sure that you're way too cool to use Edge as your browser - after all this is a Geek site . However, I use the Zoom function in Edge to scale the page while also retaining re-flow so everything still fits onscreen (or at least in the horizontal dimension). Is this not an acceptable approach? (It works very well for me and I have pretty bad eyesight.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.