Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So back in the day, I had found some great 3D towers to use in Zombicide: Prison Break.

Has anyone had success finding/making towers for Zombicide: Black Plague?

My google search only brought up this nice setup:
https://itsartinpart.weebly.com/wulfsburg-towers-3d.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forsetius
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the Frame-werx files that is created for 3D printing but since I do not yet have a 3D printer, I used foam core cardboard and glued the images to those.

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3781407/zombicide-black-plag...

I have later on also glued strips of images to the tops of the walls to avoid the foam showing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are fantastic! Do any of you folks have links to 3D printing files for the walls and towers? I have a vendor I'd like to have make some of these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forsetius
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a link in the kickstarter (that I unfortunately missed) to the FB site where they can be contacted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/391219638/frame-werx-af...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! I sent him a message.

Are there just the 3 different types of towers used in the game & expansions? Does the upcoming expansion have any?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forsetius
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two doublesided boards so there are 4 towers, but the staircases are positioned so that you only need to make two different kinds if you create them separately (which I recommend for that very reason).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Ok, so the plan is to make it out of foam core. And to have it be modular (to save space, and reuse some items). Looks like I can make it with 7 structures:

1) Square platform, 3 stories tall
2) Square platform, 4 stories tall
3) Large L platform, 3 stories tall
4) Staircase w/ 2 steps
5) "Candycane" staircase w/ 3 steps
6) 2 small towers

Now that I've decided this part of it, I have the outside measurements, now I have to figure out how tall a "story" is.

It seems weird to have the "first step" of the staircase be head-level....so maybe waist-level on a zombie? So...3/4" per story? This would make the platform of the tall tower be 3" off the ground then. Ramparts would be a bit taller than that, and maybe the top of the tiny tower would be about 5" off the ground?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're going to 3d the tower you might as well build it so you can go inside the building on each floor too. Design for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Found some scrap foam core in the house...

Here's the short tower. Made it a 16cmx16cm square, and have it 3 "floors" tall - 2.25". Next to it is the straight staircase. Top landing is 8cmx8cm. Figure I can add ramparts later, glued to the outer rim of everything (which would give it a bit of added depth too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Just a few minutes of additional work. Decided that to save space, I should make the tall tower a bit thinner, so it can stack them into each other for storage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Found a height error, and had to trim .5cm off the platform and stairs (didn’t account for the added height of the flat foamcore, so the first step was larger than the rest).

Then made the taller platform and the 2nd mini tower. Traced the outside of the curved doorway as a template for the 4 mini tower entrances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.