Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played our first game tonight so we did not use the Mission cards. I'm sitting here reading through them and some of them are going to be hard to prove that they were completed.

For example, Mission 4, "expand into 4 different territories during one round." Since a round is after everyone has played all their cards, how am I to prove that I completed this mission? It is unlikely that my opponents are going to remember where my armies started and how many territories I expanded this round.

Mission 6 "eliminate 10 units from one opponent during one or more battles this round." Again, how is anyone other than the player with the Mission card going to remember this?

So are some of the Missions completed on the honorary system, assuming that players are honest. Honesty is not a concern for me because we are not cheaters, but people do make mistakes and it would be nice to be able to verify that the Mission was completed correctly.

How are others handling this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Papenfuss
United States
Star
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Your results are back: it's negative"......um, is that a bad thing?
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always just "remembered" and so it's more or less an honorary system.

If you think you are going to try and get the mission this round, you could announce fairly loudly how many regions you are expanding into or how many casualties the other side has taken; but it might become too obvious what cards you are holding.

Consider this:
You could require certain housekeeping to be done at all times so as to not make any mistakes and to not tip your hand as to your hidden missions.

For example, you could require:
-Any time a player expands into a region, they place a wooden cube in that region. At the end of the round the wooden cubes are removed. If a player has expanded into four new territories (as shown by the cubes) AND they have mission 4....mission accomplished.

-Any time casualties are taken in combat, they are placed to the side (separate from the player's reserve) so that after each battle a 'body count' can be done before placing the defeated units back into the player's supply. This would help prove completion of mission 6.

Of course, adding these housekeeping rules for all of the turns is a bit fiddly, but you may find it decreases errors and the potential for sleight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the housekeeping ideas, that's exactly what we're going to do! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.