Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Republic
1 VP per Rebel in the Galactic Senate

We had a player about to score close to 40 Vp off of this tech in our 6 player game today, as the senate was heavily fought over by three players. I decided to give up my 18 senate majority to reduce this to a mere 20 Vp by bidding high for the senate action card in the last turn.

This seems crazy strong. Did we play this wrong? Should the card only count rebels owned by the player who owns the tech?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The player should only count their own rebels when scoring that tech. Otherwise, as you said, it would potentially be too strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Sheldon
United States
Springfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to play devil's advocate, the tile reads Rebels in the Galactic Senate....not your Rebels. I actually agree that the way it is written is extremely powerful and maybe over powered. Would love to hear from Mr. Drover on this....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EarlofBronze wrote:
Just to play devil's advocate, the tile reads Rebels in the Galactic Senate....not your Rebels. I actually agree that the way it is written is extremely powerful and maybe over powered. Would love to hear from Mr. Drover on this....

If all rebels are counted, wouldn't that dissuade the other players from playing there (as they may potentially be giving the tech owner additional points)? So, not only would the owner have a chance of getting a lot of points, he would also have an advantage when trying to take control of the Galactic Senate. I doubt that this was the designer's intent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
rfeldster wrote:
EarlofBronze wrote:

If all rebels are counted, wouldn't that dissuade the other players from playing there (as they may potentially be giving the tech owner additional points)? So, not only would the owner have a chance of getting a lot of points, he would also have an advantage when trying to take control of the Galactic Senate. I doubt that this was the designer's intent.

I totally agree, rfeldster. If the tile works as the text on it seems to indicate then it creates a weird incentive for other players to vacate the senate and leave it to the player owning that tech tile, who now has a sure fire way to make his rebels (of which he has at least 10 in the last two rounds) worth 1VP a piece. That can't possibly have been the goal of the designer.

BUT I also really agree with EarlOfBronze that the text on the tile is pretty clear. It is especially damning that other tiles do specifically specify "your" as opposed to "all". I am not into house rules or trying to guess at the intention of the designer, and I like to play games with the rules as written.

Hence the (still open, as far as I'm concerned) question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.