Charterstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bumping yourself rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J V
Canada
Victoria B.C.
flag msg tools
Hi ! I just finished game 6 and I lost ..

I tried to win the game at the end going to the cloud port to achieve 3 VP plus 1 from an assistant. However, during my last 2 turns, I bumped myself out of the cloud port gaining the VPs.

With the bumped worker of mine and having 2 non placed minions, I used my bumped worker to go to the cloud port on my last turn of the game gaining another 4 VPs.

Was that a right move? Is is possible to bump yourself and use your bumped worker in the next round?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes as long as you are using the workers, not minions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bumping your own worker is a perfectly valid tactic, and can be quite useful in certain situations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Wilson
United States
Montgomery
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bumping yourself is a very efficient way to do lots of the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a player who would spam her production building like six turns in a row, take her workers back, then spam the building that used that resource as its cost six times in a row. She loved using the "bump yourself" mechanic to keep from wasting a turn taking workers back.

I would often do something similar with the Grandstand. I'd wait until I had all three objectives complete before going, so I could get three straight turns of using my workers and then still have a worker left at the end to do something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
Canada
Victoria B.C.
flag msg tools
Thanks Roland, Israel and Brent ! It's good to know you are playing right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
Canada
Victoria B.C.
flag msg tools
This is an interesting approach/ technique, that could be very useful and I'll take it into consideration for the rest of my games. Thanks Darren.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.