Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of our non-corporate driven news sources.

TYT is one of my news context/commentary sources. It's sorta pro-Bernie. I'd say it's left of the democratic party but it is reasonably honest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I grow tired of her emotional arguments but here's a funny compilation of her being idiotic that's watchable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
ironcates wrote:
Honestly, I grow tired of her emotional arguments but here's a funny compilation of her being idiotic that's watchable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTUUk0kKh_c

Huh... well I'm not sure what point you were trying to make with your post, but the youtube video made me like her opinions quite a bit. She made a lot of great points about how people who voted for Trump are morons, especially the women who did so, and that a fancy education doesn't mean that you know shit about politics. Also Alex Jones is undeniably an overweight jackass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Piquet
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched TYT a bit but I got tired of them.
I think it was mainly because of their multiculturalism and "everything-acceptance" and the last drop was probably when she said something like "the individual who gave birth".
To me if you are a human with a working uterus you are a woman and refusing to say this because people consider themselves as so or so is ridiculous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xahendir wrote:
I watched TYT a bit but I got tired of them.
I think it was mainly because of their multiculturalism and "everything-acceptance" and the last drop was probably when she said something like "the individual who gave birth".
To me if you are a human with a working uterus you are a woman and refusing to say this because people consider themselves as so or so is ridiculous.

They are best in small doses but sometimes they are only news source calling attention to a particular story.

I agree they are to the left of the democratic party and far left jargon can be off putting to me also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Ackerman
United States
Stevenson Ranch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rising Up With Sonali is a really great sociopolitical news show that airs on KPFK radio, as well as various other platforms.

http://www.risingupwithsonali.com

Sonali focuses on a lot of great topics, many of them featuring women, and she never ceases to impress me both with her guests and topics, as well as her willingness to produce this show despite an obvious lack of major funding.

She isn't as far left as some, as is testament to her giving the Trump/Russia story the time of day, but I think a lot of people should check out her show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Piquet
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
I agree they are to the left of the democratic party and far left jargon can be off putting to me also.

There are several fields in which you can say "he/she is on the left".
I have no problem with their "social left" but their "societal left" is off-putting to me, mainly because of the cultural differences between France and the US I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic Lineal
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
Nope. Nope nope nope nope.
mb
I've always found The Young Turks hopelessly shallow and irredeemably liberal - they lack left-wing content and analysis and seem to be just weak liberal shenanigans shouted louder.

My exposure has been in no way systematic though so I might be poorly informed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
viclineal wrote:
I've always found The Young Turks hopelessly shallow and irredeemably liberal - they lack left-wing content and analysis and seem to be just weak liberal shenanigans shouted louder.

My exposure has been in no way systematic though so I might be poorly informed.

TYT does a variety of shows. I don't watch them much but I have watched a fair number of them just to understand what TYT was all about. Depending on the issue and the hosts of the show, they can range from very wonky policy discussions to highly emotional / low content liberal blathering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.