CV» Forums » General

Subject: Easy and hard goals? How to balance the game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Piotr D
Poland
Płock
flag msg tools
I think that every goal (personal or public) that contain a wealth cards are much easier to achieve, as you collect welth cards anyway. Player who got personal goal containing wealth has much easier game to win.
Do you have any ideas how to balance it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nildopl wrote:
I think that every goal (personal or public) that contain a wealth cards are much easier to achieve, as you collect welth cards anyway. Player who got personal goal containing wealth has much easier game to win.
Do you have any ideas how to balance it?

What do you mean by "you collect welth cards anyway". Are you talking about yellow cards? They do not (usually) give you any ingame benefit, only points at the end of the game so points are the only reason to collect them if you don't have a goal card containing them.

If you feel, wealth goal cards are overpowered, you could try giving less points for them. E.g., a point for each pair (instead of single) wealth card in Collector or 3 points for each set of 3 (instead of 2) wealth cards and 1 CV card in Successful person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, this thread should be in Variants forum IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr D
Poland
Płock
flag msg tools
Quote:
What do you mean by "you collect welth cards anyway". Are you talking about yellow cards?

Yes. Yellow cards points twice if you have personal goal containing it.

Someone who has different personal goal have to collect yellow and other colour cards. It's easier to play if you have to collect only (mostly) yellow cards. That's I think.

How to balance it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.