Utku Incekas
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
Paticik
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hello folks..

I've been collecting and playing board games for the last 6 years and I'm really satisfied about my current collection: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Spyro

however, I've noticed that I had never experienced any games with pick-up & deliver mechanism before (except 504 which I don't count as it's a modular game)..

what would you suggest for a game which "pick-up & deliver" is at it's core?

best regards..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bolland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
PLAY
badge
Loooooooooooooooon!
mbmbmbmbmb
I highly recommend these:

Steam: Rails to Riches
Whistle Stop
Istanbul

Although it is really ALL about negotiation, Genoa is listed as a pick-up-and-deliver game. Everything is negotiable. (Definitely not pick-up-and-deliver at its core, but you might be interested.)

Edit: Istanbul has two really good expansions. They just make a great game even better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco C
Australia
Meadowbank
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Happy New Year, everyone!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cinque Terre
Tahiti
Via Nebula
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobi Wagner
Germany
Ludwigsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's a bit too light but Black Fleet is a really gorgeous looking game with a pick-up and deliver mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabor B.
Hungary
Straight outta Borsod
flag msg tools
"Virtue is nothing else than right reason."
badge
Goatham.
mbmbmb
+1 for Istanbul
Lots of replayability with the modular board, really nice components and fun gameplay. And, although i've never played myself, Merchant of Venus gets a lot of recommendations too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Wreckers don't call for backup, they call for cleanup!
mbmbmbmb
Firefly: The Game

Wasteland Express Delivery Service

Both are Pick Up & Delivery at the core, but run with lots of theme - which is a double-edged thing since you have to be into the theme to like them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I am quite happy with Coal Baron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Via Nebula

In the very light spectrum, Valdora is a solid pick up and deliver game.

My personal favorite? The Mayfair Crayon Rail Games, with Iron Dragon at the top but Martian Rails has really moved up there to threaten it (especially since you can get copies that are color with printed mini chips rather than the printed cardboard counters that they switched to in the last year).

Then there are the usual recommendations, like Merchant of Venus and the like (which I haven't played because of the crayon rail games suiting me so well). I'd say do an advanced search with pick-up-and-deliver mechanics selected, but I don't think BGG has done a good job identifying games of this type (I don't really consider Mansions of Madness a pick-up-and-deliver game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Merkator is quite good. Uwe Rosenberg's take on pick-up-and-deliver, with a bit of player interaction, too.

Hansa is another to take a look at

Duck Dealer is a bit more involved if that's what you're going for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Istanbul
+1 Merchant of Venus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Schoukroun
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May I recommend Lords of Xidit
It's a pick-up & deliver at its core, with programmation as the main mechanic
It's very clever, especially the end game/ scoring
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Cinque Terre - this is a pure pick up and deliver
+1 Istanbul - neat worker movement and some choices on how to build your engine
+1 Via Nebula - a disguised train game. Lots of fun, great components and look.

I’d add
Ophir - terrific look, lots of fun, compact board makes for a lot of getting in each other’s way.
The Great Heartland Hauling Co. - pure pick up and deliver, lots of game in a tiny box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kito Impsta
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Valdora or Africana are great games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
birdsong703 wrote:

I find it very curious to see those first two placed together. The second one is pretty short and simple: travel in your canoe out to other islands to collect different fruit of your choice, then bring the load home to feed your tribe. One part of scoring is your comparison to other players.

The first one is more complex in requiring delivery of combinations of different fruit collected from multiple sources. Additionally you hold several contracts at a time. You will have multiple possible threads to keep track of simultaneously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew VanSpronsen
Canada
Kitchener
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for both Whistle Stop and Cinque Terre

I would also add Oracle of Delphi as another option. Very puzzly game with a "The Voyages of Marco Polo" feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A relatively recent game which is much lesser known gives a wildly different twist to the focus of pick-up-and-deliver. It is a railroad game in which you have to use action points to set the track switches in the direction you desire. Pick your own combination of goods to satisfy the various public goal cards.

Switching Tracks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pickup and deliver is one of my favorites, though the games I enjoy with that feature are quite heavy:

Merchants & Marauders
Firefly: The Game
Crayon Rail System games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin D.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roads & Boats
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Lam
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Istanbul

Keyflower has the PU&D mechanism but it's not the main one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brain
United Kingdom
London, UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another +1 for Istanbul and Black Fleet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
+1 Crayon Rail Series
These are great way to see if you like pick up and deliver at its core. Figure out what good you're going to try and go pick up, build rail to get there, move deterministically, deliver good for money, rinse and repeat (and a lot of deep strategy and random events on top). If you really like them, then you'll likely find something to like in most PU&D games; if you don't like them at all, then the veneer of theme or other mechanics will likely not be enough for you to enjoy other PU&D games.

+1 Merchant of Venus classic
My favorite. Try/get 2nd edition of course, but don't play the FFG "standard" version. Way too much chrome clogging up the PU&D system. Classic is where it's at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drown
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Railways of the World - scales well up to six, maps packs to change things. Easy to teach, and straight forward rules. Turn sequence results in low downtime for all players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Nace
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another +1 for the Crayon Rails games. They are pick up and deliver in pretty much the purest form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flathead Rick

Chandler
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
+1 The Oracle of Delphi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a Firefly fan, so I have to give a +1 to Firefly. However, you do need a lot of table space and imo it is best with 2-3 players. Firefly: The Game – Blue Sun, Firefly: The Game – Breakin' Atmo, and Firefly: The Game – Pirates & Bounty Hunters add a lot to the game.

For a simple and fun pick up and deliver game, I love Broom Service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.