Subject: Kickstarter scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dennis Vandepoel
Belgium
Hombeek
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
I backed the kickstarter 2nd edition and got my copy of gloomhaven few months ago. Where can i find those (20) unlocked bonus scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenerty
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isaac's quote from kickstarter update #42:
Quote:
I am pushing back the release of the extra community-driven scenarios until February or March.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1350948450/gloomhaven-s...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Ball
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are still people who don't have the game yet so at least not until everyone has it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Fiji
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play the campain that happened during the second Kickstarter though. Just look though the updates for the second printing. I am on mission 5. They are a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Pepperell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rawlinsusmc wrote:
You can play the campain that happened during the second Kickstarter though. Just look though the updates for the second printing. I am on mission 5. They are a blast.

I was actually goimg to ask about this. I'm done digesting thw rulebook and was trying to decide if I should play through the mini-campaign first before starting the Gloomhaven campaign proper. Also, there's a link to mini-campaign on Cepholafair's website from the game wiki here; it's much nicer than digging through the KS updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
Eyefink wrote:
rawlinsusmc wrote:

I was actually goimg to ask about this. I'm done digesting thw rulebook and was trying to decide if I should play through the mini-campaign first before starting the Gloomhaven campaign proper. Also, there's a link to mini-campaign on Cepholafair's website from the game wiki here; it's much nicer than digging through the KS updates.
I'd suggest doing a few scenarios of the campaign to familiarize yourself first; as I understand it, the KS campaign isn't easy, and may not be the best introduction to the rules and mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:

I wouldn't suggest it.

The wife and I (both having played 5ish scenarios in a very lategame Gloomhaven campaign at that point) played them with starting characters. The further we progressed, the trickier the missions got. Starting equipment simply doesn't scale well enough to deal with higher level opponents.

While the first mission is my favorite to introduce new players to the game, the rest of the KS campaign seems to assume you've played through quite a bit of the main campaign (at least prosperity level 3-ish) and have a decently set up character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeS_Tructive wrote:
Eyefink wrote:

I wouldn't suggest it.

The wife and I (both having played 5ish scenarios in a very lategame Gloomhaven campaign at that point) played them with starting characters. The further we progressed, the trickier the missions got. Starting equipment simply doesn't scale well enough to deal with higher level opponents.

While the first mission is my favorite to introduce new players to the game, the rest of the KS campaign seems to assume you've played through quite a bit of the main campaign (at least prosperity level 3-ish) and have a decently set up character.

I also wouldn't suggest it, but for different reasons.

The Kickstarter campaign scnearios are a lot more complex than most in the base game. There are innovative mechanics regarding the environment and enemies, and there is a lot more to keep track of compared to most of the standard scenarios.

I also feel the Kickstarter campaign is a tad more difficult. My wife and I now have played the first 6 scenarios of the Kickstarter campaign with fresh level 1 characters, and though we haven't lost yet, we came extremely close a few times, while all but a handful of the base game scenarios were no big problem eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.