Seth
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have trouble understanding the Break Room and can’t find an explanation on how it works anywhere in the rules. The rules on page 11 show the Break Room in a picture on the side and it is mentioned in one sentence somewhere in the last paragraph but that’s it. Am I totally overlooking it or is it not explained anywhere but on the card and in that sentence from the rulebook?

So how does it work? How many Administration tokens do we get? And when do we get them? If I take the card text literally, then I would interpret that whomever uses his Admin Action to build the Break Room, is allowing a one time use of one Shared Admin token to be placed on the Break Room. But that doesn’t seem very efficient…

So I would think you get a Shared Admin token to be placed on the Break Room, per Doctor, or per player? One per round? Something else? It’s really puzzling.

Thanks for the help.

Seth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seth_Logan wrote:
Hi,

I have trouble understanding the Break Room and can’t find an explanation on how it works anywhere in the rules. The rules on page 11 show the Break Room in a picture on the side and it is mentioned in one sentence somewhere in the last paragraph but that’s it. Am I totally overlooking it or is it not explained anywhere but on the card and in that sentence from the rulebook?

So how does it work? How many Administration tokens do we get? And when do we get them? If I take the card text literally, then I would interpret that whomever uses his Admin Action to build the Break Room, is allowing a one time use of one Shared Admin token to be placed on the Break Room. But that doesn’t seem very efficient…

So I would think you get a Shared Admin token to be placed on the Break Room, per Doctor, or per player? One per round? Something else? It’s really puzzling.

Thanks for the help.

Seth

The admin token is a shared token that can be used the rest of the game. If you are able to improve the room, a medical token is added to the shared action tokens, similarly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian van Someren
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You put 1 Admin token in the break room. Any player can use that token at any time as an extra action, but you can only use it once per turn (as with other action tokens). At the end of the turn, the token is refreshed and any player can use the token again in the following turn (and so forth).

Does that make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Christianv wrote:
You put 1 Admin token in the break room. Any player can use that token at any time as an extra action, but you can only use it once per turn (as with other action tokens). At the end of the turn, the token is refreshed and any player can use the token again in the following turn (and so forth).

Does that make sense?

change the word "turn" to "game round" and it makes more sense I think. Thanks for answering the question. I shouldn't be fielding questions at 3 in the morning, anyways. snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So to clarify:

Every game round, starting with the round a players purchases the Break Room, we put 1 Shared Admin Token in the Break Room. Any player can use that Shared Admin Token at any time as an extra Administrative Action, but we can only use it once per game round as with other action tokens. At the end of the game round, the token is refreshed (if used) and any player can use the token again in the following game round (and so forth).

When we upgrade the Break Room, we get 1 Shared Administrative token and 1 Shared Medical Token, total, to be used in the same way.

Correct?

Cheers,

Seth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian van Someren
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Christianv wrote:
Perfect

page 11, near the bottom, new rulebook: some rooms have a bonus that is repeated on the improved side; you do not get the bonus twice.
This is the case with the break room. You will only receive the admin token on the one side, and a medical token on the improved side. It is kinda vague, so it was added to the rules with an example explaining it with a bit more clarity. If you have not already done so, download the new rules book, and the f.a.q. on bgg might also help answer some questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.