Subject: Birmingham Game Groups? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Nash
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all.

My next client is in Birmingham, and I'm going to be based there Monday to Thursday each week for at least 3 weeks.

I'm wondering if anyone has any info on local active game groups? I've attempted to Google it, but most groups seem to be faciliated on Meetup and it's blocked at work! Grrr!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nashman88 wrote:
Hi all.

My next client is in Birmingham, and I'm going to be based there Monday to Thursday each week for at least 3 weeks.

I'm wondering if anyone has any info on local active game groups? I've attempted to Google it, but most groups seem to be faciliated on Meetup and it's blocked at work! Grrr!

We meet at the Stag at Halesowen on Wednesday evenings 7:30, just outside Birmingham to the west

http://halesowenboardgamers.org.uk/find.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nash
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for this Dave!

My client project starts next Wednesday (17th), so I'll try to make it then if possible.

Had a brief look over lists of previously played games, and I think I'll fit in fairly easily - I have a stroooong tendency towards Euro games, so I was pleased to see things like Agricola, Clans of Caledonia, Viticulture, Voyages of Marco Polo, Power Grid etc.

Is there much pre-arrangement of games so people can read up on rules etc, or just turn up and see what's there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nashman88 wrote:
Thanks for this Dave!

My client project starts next Wednesday (17th), so I'll try to make it then if possible.

Had a brief look over lists of previously played games, and I think I'll fit in fairly easily - I have a stroooong tendency towards Euro games, so I was pleased to see things like Agricola, Clans of Caledonia, Viticulture, Voyages of Marco Polo, Power Grid etc.

Is there much pre-arrangement of games so people can read up on rules etc, or just turn up and see what's there?

No not much, generally we decide on the night from what people bring along, although there is the odd exception, particularly for legacy games where a particular sub group is involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nash
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's cool.

Looks like I should be able to pick up some food there aswell? That will suit me perfectly.

Do you find legacy groups happening at the group a fair bit then? I'm keen to try Charterstone at some point!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.facebook.com/events/1601204469948560/
https://www.facebook.com/events/1069865653154775/
https://www.facebook.com/events/580933545594974/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nashman88 wrote:
That's cool.

Looks like I should be able to pick up some food there aswell? That will suit me perfectly.

Do you find legacy groups happening at the group a fair bit then? I'm keen to try Charterstone at some point!

Not really. We've had Pandemic Legacy Season 1, Risk Legacy and we've just started on Pandemic Legacy Season 2. Each one confined to a 4 player group.

I don't know a lot about Charterstone. Not sure if anyone else in the group knows more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nash
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Should be along tomorrow night!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.