Hide
3 Posts

Warhammer Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Keeping the game interesting when a hero die rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Mack
msg tools
I may get an opportunity to play a game with four players. Until now I played with two (each player having two heroes) or solo (four heroes).

For most of the players it will be their first game of Warhammer Quest (and even first dungeon crawler).

If one player's hero die in the middle of the game, what could I do to keep the game entertaining for him/her? I fear letting the player plays the monster won't be fun and break the co-op aspect.

Maybe allow the hero to restart at the entrance of the dungeon without any gold / treasure. It would make the hero very vulnerable if an unexpected event comes and monsters are on the solo hero, but it may be fun.

What do you think? Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having a Hero restart at the dungeon entrance is bad,.. if a hero is separated by more than one tile/room, they become lost ( I think )

Alternately, try having a resurrection scroll for each hero, ( giving them one "life" ), and tell them to be more careful whistle

Allow extra health potions for first game or two ..

Allow carrying of dead hero's body to a newly discovered resurrection portal..

It's a great RPG theme game, just add extra flavour

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just have them meet you in town with a fresh meatbag, I mean character. Game shouldn't take too long after someone dies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.