St Albans
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

If you have boat 2B & Keyflower with an upgraded home only do you score:

4 points - Transport = 2, scoring doubled by boat 2B

8 points - Transport = 4 (base 2 doubled by the boat), scoring doubled by boat 2B

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno kowalski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You gain 4 points. Because your transport ability in your village is 4 (after doubled).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Helwig
msg tools
Do we have an official ruling that this is how it would be scored?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
helwrj28 wrote:
Do we have an official ruling that this is how it would be scored?

It's four points. I'm having a hard time understanding why anybody would think it was eight points. The endgame keyflower tile does not double anything it's scores one point per transport. The only way to double that would be to have 2b, which would double your home at for 4 points and then the keyflower would score you one point per. The keyflower itself does not double anything. Math is 2x2x1=4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Chaffer
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Grand Rapids Area Boardgamers
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yatescory wrote:
I'm having a hard time understanding why anybody would think it was eight points.

The problem is that the rulebook clarifies that the 2b affects the Keyflower scoring, but doesn't call this out as a clarification so it could be interpreted as an extra rule.

the rulebook wrote:
All of a players (sic) transport capacity and upgrade ability is doubled. If a player has the Keyflower boat at the end of the game, the Keyflower scoring is doubled.

One could interpret this as "2b doubles the transport capacity, and also doubles the Keyflower's scoring of that doubled capacity" for a 4x multiplier. It's got to be intended as a redundant clarification, though, to make sure people know that 2b does affect the Keyflower scoring as opposed to the Keyflower scoring on the base transport capacity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JonBob wrote:
yatescory wrote:
I'm having a hard time understanding why anybody would think it was eight points.

The problem is that the rulebook clarifies that the 2b affects the Keyflower scoring, but doesn't call this out as a clarification so it could be interpreted as an extra rule.

the rulebook wrote:
All of a players (sic) transport capacity and upgrade ability is doubled. If a player has the Keyflower boat at the end of the game, the Keyflower scoring is doubled.

One could interpret this as "2b doubles the transport capacity, and also doubles the Keyflower's scoring of that doubled capacity" for a 4x multiplier. It's got to be intended as a redundant clarification, though, to make sure people know that 2b does affect the Keyflower scoring as opposed to the Keyflower scoring on the base transport capacity.

Ok...reading it that way I can at least see why it might come across as a little confusing and can admit that it does come across that way. We probably do need an "official" ruling on this however I can say that boardgamearena scores this as 4 points and they must have had permission to present the game so I assume that it would be with accurate rules...but we all know where assumptions can get us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.