Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keiron
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading the solitaire guidance it suggests you randomly draw an HQ block each player turn.

Would I be right in thinking that at the start of each game turn you remove all the HQs from the map? returning them to the map as they are activated?

Or do you use proxys to determine which HQ is activated? or perhaps a die roll and mark those that have been activated in some fashion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kappa_ap wrote:
Reading the solitaire guidance it suggests you randomly draw an HQ block each player turn.

Would I be right in thinking that at the start of each game turn you remove all the HQs from the map? returning them to the map as they are activated?

Or do you use proxys to determine which HQ is activated? or perhaps a die roll and mark those that have been activated in some fashion?

From the Solitaire Rules:

“10.5” wrote:
After all HQs have been drawn, one Game Turn has been completed. Remove the enemy HQs and redraw them randomly for the next Game Turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keiron
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark. The rules are quite explicit.

I've just setup scenario 1 and for some reason the idea of removing the German HQs having only just set them up was causing my brain to bog down. Something was saying 'this doesn't feel right', but the rules are quite clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kappa_ap wrote:
Thanks Mark. The rules are quite explicit.

I've just setup scenario 1 and for some reason the idea of removing the German HQs having only just set them up was causing my brain to bog down. Something was saying 'this doesn't feel right', but the rules are quite clear.

I doubt anything is a hard and fast rule. It's more like a suggested way to give a little uncertainty as to which units activate. In fact, that even gives the enemy a little freer "deploy" since you can place the HQ in command range of any of its units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Felsher
United States
Rancho Palos Verdes
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It makes for a very tough opponent when the hq's can deploy into spotting range for a mortar, then move out of los!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.