11 Posts

The Flow of History» Forums » Rules

Subject: Justinian I card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
PasCarbo PasCarbo
Spain
flag msg tools
After a few games, I thing the Justinian I card is too powerful. The rules seem clare : in your turn, with this card, you can gain Knowledge, Construction or Governement cards from the Marquet ( non-invested ). It's that correct ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jap123 wrote:
After a few games, I thing the Justinian I card is too powerful. The rules seem clare : in your turn, with this card, you can gain Knowledge, Construction or Governement cards from the Marquet ( non-invested ). It's that correct ?

You have been playing it wrong...

To start it is a Age II card, not I, but that's not important...

I say you have been playing it wrong because you mention you can get CARDS... this is a leader that has an INSTANT effect when you get him... so the moment you get him from the market his power is activated and you can choose any non-invested card of those types from the market... so it's a ONE time effect that lets you get ONE card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PasCarbo PasCarbo
Spain
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot .
In the Spanish version of the game Justiniano card has the turn action effect simbol! And the spanish rules say nothing about instant effect in this card!
It must be a translation error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jap123 wrote:
Thanks a lot .
In the Spanish version of the game Justiniano card has the turn action effect simbol! And the spanish rules say nothing about instant effect in this card!
It must be a translation error.

I Think that every card in this game that allows you to get another card for free is a one time use card, be it like Justinian that is an Instant effect or like other cards that allow you to get a card of the same type and that means that the card power will be covered so it won't be accessible anymore.

If that's a translation error and the card as a Turn Action symbol it's pretty broken and messes up the game for sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PasCarbo PasCarbo
Spain
flag msg tools

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jap123 wrote:

what does the 1x at the bottom left of the card mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PasCarbo PasCarbo
Spain
flag msg tools
I don't know .
The rules say nothing about it ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Gallego
Spain
Sarriguren
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the number of cards of that kind?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edgar Gallego wrote:
Maybe the number of cards of that kind?

all cards are unique in the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
jap123 wrote:

what does the 1x at the bottom left of the card mean?

I think it refers to the number of that type of card that can be in play. The image in the gallery shows a 1x on the leader cards including Einstein. Einstein doesn't have an instant effect. So it doesn't refer to that.

That Spanish card of Justinian seems to be a misprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pez Pez
Spain
Palencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I have just found out of the misprint in the Spanish edition and it is not only on this card, there is also a misprint in the Aristoteles card.
If you go to their homepage of ludosentinel here:
http://www.ludosentinel.com/aristoteles-y-justiniano-i/
you can download the correct cards.

I just hate it when these things happens...shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.