Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Gomez
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!
Was playing the other day with some friends. One of the problems we had was with the "Unicorn Lasso" upgrade (at the beginning of your turn you get to bring another players unicorn into your stable for the duration of your turn). I had 6 unicorns and, at the start of my turn used the "Unicorn Lasso" upgrade, and bought a unicorn into my stable. This gave me 7 unicorns for the win.

3 Questions:
1) Was that correct? The rules state that whenever someone has 7 unicorns in there stable, they have won.
2) Was I right to say a NEIGH card can't be played at that moment? As NEIGH cards state: Play this card when another player tries to play a card.
3) If I understand correctly, when I bring that unicorn into my stable and it has the text activating it's magic when it enters the stable, I can use the magic. At the end of the turn, when it returns to the original owners stable, does he also use the magic again? In this case, it seems, borrowing from someone also does them a little favour too.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shan Rievan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmb
1. Yes you won.

2. Card was already played and on the table, so NEIGH doesn't work (if it works, ir changes a lot of things).

3. Any card effects that is triggered when other unicorns from different stables enter yours will happen. Some combos work insane with it*(unicorns entering stables) and not limited to the LASSO.

*edit for clarification
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gomez
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank's for your answer. One last doubt I have, and perhaps you can help me with:
At the start of my turn, can I activate all the abilities in my stable, or do I have to chose one? I mean... you can do a lot of things if you can activate all your upgrades and magic unicorns...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
You activate all the "At the start of your turn" effects you have in any order you wish. Most of the Unicorns only have a "When this card enters your stable" which won't activate again after played initially. Unless they are Lassoed, which will trigger them.

Don't forget that when that Unicorn goes back to its original owner, he activates that card again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gomez
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect. Thank's again for the help!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teresa Larraya
Spain
flag msg tools
In my opinion:
1) No. You can´t win with the 7th unicorn you bring with Lasso since you have to do all the effects in the chain until the end and in the end you return it.
2) Yes. You can´t neigh an effect of a card already in someone´s stable (you can only prevent a card from entering someone´s stable).
3.- Yes the effects of a card saying "when it enters your stable.." would apply to you when you bring a unicorn to your stable with the lasso and it will happen again to the original owner of the lassoed unicorn when you return it (so yes, the stolen player also gets a benefit at the end).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tlarraya wrote:
In my opinion:
1) No. You can´t win with the 7th unicorn you bring with Lasso since you have to do all the effects in the chain until the end and in the end you return it.

This is incorrect. Winning occurs immediately if you have 7 or more unicorns in your stable. It is not just evaluated at the end of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Pool
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Where does it say winning occurs immediately? It actually says "If a player reaches the required number of unicorns while an effect chain is active, that player is not declared the winner until all links in that effect chain have resolved" and it seems like lasso has a chain of effect until the end of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Lujan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
fills my dreams and brings me to the place you rest
badge
It's your blood that's red like roses
mbmbmbmbmb
poolwc wrote:
Where does it say winning occurs immediately? It actually says "If a player reaches the required number of unicorns while an effect chain is active, that player is not declared the winner until all links in that effect chain have resolved" and it seems like lasso has a chain of effect until the end of the turn.

the "effect" doesnt stay active throughout your entire turn. its a bit confusing, but the return card effect counts as a new effect. so yes, you can steal a 7th unicorn and win with the lasso.

although, if the stolen unicorn has an effect when entering your stable, that effect still needs to trigger before you can win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mann
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Follow up query on the lasso, I used the lasso, to steal the seductive unicorn of my opponent. With it, I a) got back my card that had been 'seduced', and b) got to seduce a card from his table as it entered mine, And I still had a turn to play another unicorn. Is this right?
I basically went from 3 unicorns to 7 in one go... Felt unfair...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Lujan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
fills my dreams and brings me to the place you rest
badge
It's your blood that's red like roses
mbmbmbmbmb
Mbmann wrote:
Follow up query on the lasso, I used the lasso, to steal the seductive unicorn of my opponent. With it, I a) got back my card that had been 'seduced', and b) got to seduce a card from his table as it entered mine, And I still had a turn to play another unicorn. Is this right?
I basically went from 3 unicorns to 7 in one go... Felt unfair...

yep, thats a legal move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.