Subject: Complete a supply chain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Gotti
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Assuming i complete a supply chain with a smuggler normaly i take a dice roll and place the dice in the Region.
But complete a supply Chain means remove a die for each smuggler.
First take a dice than remove it, is that correct ?

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Fischer
Netherlands
Den Haag
---
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it, the die for a smuggler is only for a smuggler in an uncompleted supply chain.

4.3.1 Demand Expands/Contracts
After a player takes their action, all regions should be checked
to see if they have the correct demand, starting with region A
and proceeding in alphabetical order. There should be one
demand die for each smuggler not in a completed supply
chain
and for the region’s missionary (if it has one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wasserman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfischer wrote:
As I understand it, the die for a smuggler is only for a smuggler in an uncompleted supply chain.

4.3.1 Demand Expands/Contracts
After a player takes their action, all regions should be checked
to see if they have the correct demand, starting with region A
and proceeding in alphabetical order. There should be one
demand die for each smuggler not in a completed supply
chain
and for the region’s missionary (if it has one).
This is the correct rule and the procedure is done after the player's action. Thus, my understanding is that if when the smuggler was placed, there was sufficient demand, then the supply chain would be completed at that instant. There would be neither a new die placed nor a die removed (assuming no other changes in the region).

On the other hand, if when the smuggler was placed, there was insufficient demand, then a die would be added to the region under this rule (since the supply chain was not complete due to lack of demand). That would potentially provide sufficient demand for the supply chain to complete at that point, in which case a die would then be removed (due to the smuggler now being in a completed supply chain).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Gotti
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
so I get it right now in every case when i complete a supply chain with the smuggler a die goes away for each smuggler in this chain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wasserman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The best way to do it is to do what the rule says after each player fully completes their action and before the next player takes any action: for each region, count up all the black counters that aren't in completed supply chains. If there are more dice in the region than that number, remove the lowest until they are equal. If there are fewer, roll and add new dice until they are equal. Remember, taking counters from a conspiracy circle may involve placing several counters. However, no matter how many counters are placed during the player's action, the dice are only going to be checked one time, after all those counters have been placed and the player's has been entirely finished. Don't focus on whether one or more supply chains were completed or broken during the player's action. Just wait until the end of the action and then do the counting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.