Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got around to writing up some code to calculate who wins and loses in a game of One Night! The result is a Windows App you can download from here. Here's a screenshot:

I've tried to cover most edge cases, except for a few that are extremely rare enough to not bother with (e.g., Doppelgänger-Body Snatcher and Repeat Night Ripple creating three Body-Snatched cards).

I've done some testing of most of the roles, but there may still be a few bugs around. Feel free to test for yourself and post either here or in the file page comments if you find anything you are confused about or think might be a bug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very informative.

Looks like a lot of effort went into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A~nka ~mazo~
msg tools
mbmb
Nice work! What did you program it in? Is there a database behind it or did you hardcore conditions in your code? Are you considering sharing the code or porting it online in JavaScript to make it more platform/installation independent please? I could help translating it into pure html5 app from many languages like c/cpp/c#, vb, java if you wish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in Visual Basic with Windows Forms controls (I'm old school). I should have tied it to a database, but it's mostly just code with a lot of arrays handling the data, although it should be easy to translate.

I'm happy to share the code if you'd like to make it more portable, sure! PM me your contact details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.