Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Standard Project - City just for the Mega Credit Production Increase? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
TJ Chasteen
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In our last game we were fighting for the mega credit production award and there were no more locations to place cities.

My question is can you pay the 25 mega credits (standard project) to increase mega credit production by one even if you can't lay the city tile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CR Bonnie
msg tools
mb
What an odd situation, how has the game not ended way before this happens?

Anyway, my guess is that you are not able to place a city and thus are not able to use that standard project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CRB1 wrote:
What an odd situation, how has the game not ended way before this happens?

Anyway, my guess is that you are not able to place a city and thus are not able to use that standard project.

I'd say so as well, as you can't play a card where you can't place the tile to be placed from it, so then you can't get the money production without placing a city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No you can't.

Effects on cards, standard Projects, card actions etc. are mandatory, except for * maxed global parameters, * resources you can't collect, and * opposing resources. No exception for tiles other than maxed ocean tiles.
(If you could, you'd get into very dicey and weird situations with the special tiles, city triggers etc.)

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace base
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I am missing something, but why buy cities? They seem utterly useless - not required for beating the game, can increase resources elsewhere, and has normally a 25 turn pay-back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dragon0085 wrote:
Maybe I am missing something, but why buy cities? They seem utterly useless - not required for beating the game, can increase resources elsewhere, and has normally a 25 turn pay-back.

Banker award O.o
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
dragon0085 wrote:

Cities give vp for every greenery they are built next to which can cause them to be worth in the upwards of 5 vp by game's end. Especially if you are playing a greenery based strategy you really want cities because they increase the vp value of your greenery which at the end of the game is often one of the best ways to turn excessive ME into vp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Chasteen
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good to know, thanks for the quick answer Jacob!

To the rest of you, it was an odd situation and happened in a two player game where my wife was in no hurry to end the game as she was getting points via pets and microbes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.