March of the Ants» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some rules's doubts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Angel Fernandez Gomez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
-Forming the hex deck you place 2 yellow-bordered hexes on top per player. Playing solo you have to place a random hex in play with 3 larvae on it. What kind is this hex of?. Do I take it from the hex deck or from the box?

-In some hexes appears the picture of a centipede. Does it means that I have to place there a centipede or is simply decorative?. At rules I don't see anything about placing a token but...

-There are worms tokens but I don't know what they are for. In some hexes come its picture, because of I suppose I have to place the token there, though it's redundant because, if there is a picture...why placing I token over it?. And because of same reason I'd place a centipede token over its pictures. I need some clarifications...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
Invicta
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Miguel,

1. For solo play, rules state: "Begin the game with one randomly selected starting hex" - starting hex means the ones with yellow borders.

2. A centipede token is placed on a hex that has a centipede image when the hex is first 'explored'. The token is then removed when the centipede is defeated. (I couldn't find a rule for placing the token, but the placement is shown on the 'Centipede Battle Diagram'.)

3. Centipede and wormhole tokens are also required because some cards allow a player to place a centipede or wormhole on any hex.

4. You don't need to place a wormhole token on a wormhole hex (as you say, it is redundant), but we do so, as it is a useful reminder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Angel Fernandez Gomez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
myrmex wrote:
Hi Miguel,

1. For solo play, rules state: "Begin the game with one randomly selected starting hex" - starting hex means the ones with yellow borders.

I know, but I means that where I take that hex from?

Quote:

2. A centipede token is placed on a hex that has a centipede image when the hex is first 'explored'. The token is then removed when the centipede is defeated. (I couldn't find a rule for placing the token, but the placement is shown on the 'Centipede Battle Diagram'.)

Thanks. It was the logic option.

Quote:
3. Centipede and wormhole tokens are also required because some cards allow a player to place a centipede or wormhole on any hex.

You are true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
Invicta
mbmbmbmbmb
Ananda74 wrote:
myrmex wrote:
Hi Miguel,

I know, but I means that where I take that hex from?

I see what you mean now. It's not explicit whether it's from the hexes left over after constructing the hex stack, but it seems that is the case by comparison with the 2-player rules and from the fact the solo rules state 'randomly selected starting hex' rather than simply 'take the top hex of the stack'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Eisner
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Sorry for the confusion folks. The starting hex should be taken from the remaining hexes that are not already stacked on top of the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.