Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Victory points record? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night my girlfriend and I played one of the most interesting games of Legendary in our 200+ plays. We used the Predict Future Crime scheme, which adds an extra villain group, and Epic Mojo, which rewards players with 4 VP per bystander in their victory piles. Since Epic Mojo and his Mojoverse have as a main gimmick the usage of the Human Shields, we managed to have dozens of them in the Victory Pile by the end of the game. Long story short, I managed to score 89 points and my girlfriend broke the record by scoring 162.

Setup:

Scheme: Predict Future Crime

Mastermind: Epic Mojo (Horror card used: the one that increases the attack power of the mastermind by 1 for each tactic in players' victory piles. We also used the Final Blow variant)

Henchmen: Shi'ar Death Commandos

Villains: Mojoverse, Sisterhood of Mutants, Hellfire Club

Heroes: High-Tech Spider-Man, X-23, Daredevil/Iron Fist, Polaris, Elsa Bloodstone

Unfortunately only 2 of Polaris' Piercing Energy cards showed up, so we had to beat the Human Shields the old fashioned way. This led to a more than an hour long game, but in the end it was very rewarding to deal the final blow to Epic Mojo.

What's your personal record of victory points?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This one is my current record. It was a game from Season 7/8? of the online league, unfortunately I didn't do this well the first time I played it, but I tried a replay to see if I could pull off getting huge attack from punisher with all the VPs in the Villain deck:

M: Wasteland Hulk
S: Master of Tyrants w/ Magneto, Mr Sinsiter & Kingpin
V: Domain of Apocalypse, Maggia Goons
H: Cable, Colossus, Punisher

I won with 118 Victory Points in 28 turns (advanced solo with final blow). The extra mastermind tactics with this scheme mean you can accrue some pretty large numbers with it. I have six plays of it recorded and 3 of them clock in at over 100 VPs.

My record for points per turn though was 7.57 from this match (also from season 8 of the league):

M: Mysterio
S: Mark of Khonshu (Domino in the Villain deck)
V: Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars, Khonshu Guardians
H: Shang Chi, Wolverine (X-Force), Angel

I won with 106 VPs in 14 turns, combo of getting lost of Mysterio tactics and lots of bystanders from Angel.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
(advanced solo with final blow)


By the way, isn't it the case that our Starter League rules do not have final blow unless specifically stated in the match?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Race Bannon wrote:
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
(advanced solo with final blow)


By the way, isn't it the case that our Starter League rules do not have final blow unless specifically stated in the match?


Yes, and it's the same with the online league, but because I play final blow in all my other matches and I wouldn't want the league matches to be different, I record my results once I get to the fourth tactic to submit for the league and then keep playing for the final blow and use the final blow results for my play records.

I have over 600 plays recorded, and if I ever get round to it I intend to convert those records into a proper data file and do some statistical analysis of them (I'm a statistician), but that's probably a ways off actually happening.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
I have over 600 plays recorded


Holy heck! surprise
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 2 plays where one of the 3 players broke 70 points, 152 is the total score across all players.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Snaer
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I don't keep track of points most of the time, since winning is good enough for me. I also sometimes play with others as well, which lessens the need to count points even further since we're cooperating. But I know for a fact that I can tell you about the highest amount of /// I acquired in one turn, which was also a pretty thematic and climactic outcome as well. It goes as follows:

TLDR: I got 98/// in one turn and one-shot both Thanos and Galactus (Tactics and all) on my last turn before I lost.

- Mastermind: Thanos

- Scheme: Dark Alliance (Galactus)

- Players: 2 (pseudo)

- Heroes: Invisible Woman, Silver Surfer, Drax, Star Lord, Mr. Fantastic

- Villains: Infinity Gems, cannot remember what else

In this game, after I won, I looked at the Villain Deck and realized the next card was the last scheme twist which would have lost me the game, so I effectively won ON my last turn. And I hadn't defeated neither Thanos or Galactus before this.

It went something like this:

The card pulled was an Infinity Gem, which I had Invisible Woman's rare in my hand for, so I drew two cards instead of using its ambush effect. This gave me both Silver Surfer and Drax's rare to my hand, so I played all the recruit cards I had to the best of my ability, before doubling it with silver surfer. Then I dumped all the recruit I had into "Warp Speed" Silver Surfer, drawing a card for every 2* I spent (I think I drew up to 15 cards with this).

Now, I also had a couple Star Lord artifacts out as well, and I had been stockpiling some shards too, so after drawing all my cards, I poured out as much /// as I could before I also doubled that... And I ended up with 98/// in one turn. Galactus ended up being 0/// that turn with all the cards I had out so he was a freebie, defeated him twice for free. Now all that was left was Thanos.

I had 3 Gems out in play which made him -6/// that turn for only 18/// then. 18 x 5 = 90.

So I had 8/// leftover as I one-shot both masterminds in one turn, winning the game on my last turn.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That’s pretty awesome.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan folsom
msg tools
Best I've gotten - twice - has been 101 points.

Both setups had Madelyne Pryor as mastermind (don't recall schemes), and at least one of those used Black Widow and Jean Grey. Sorry I don't have the records handy at the moment, but I recall having over 40 bystanders one of those wins.

Fun, but in solo, often a win is just a win.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SnaerSnare wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't keep track of points most of the time, since winning is good enough for me. I also sometimes play with others as well, which lessens the need to count points even further since we're cooperating. But I know for a fact that I can tell you about the highest amount of /// I acquired in one turn, which was also a pretty thematic and climactic outcome as well. It goes as follows:

TLDR: I got 98/// in one turn and one-shot both Thanos and Galactus (Tactics and all) on my last turn before I lost.

- Mastermind: Thanos

- Scheme: Dark Alliance (Galactus)

- Players: 2 (pseudo)

- Heroes: Invisible Woman, Silver Surfer, Drax, Star Lord, Mr. Fantastic

- Villains: Infinity Gems, cannot remember what else

In this game, after I won, I looked at the Villain Deck and realized the next card was the last scheme twist which would have lost me the game, so I effectively won ON my last turn. And I hadn't defeated neither Thanos or Galactus before this.

It went something like this:

The card pulled was an Infinity Gem, which I had Invisible Woman's rare in my hand for, so I drew two cards instead of using its ambush effect. This gave me both Silver Surfer and Drax's rare to my hand, so I played all the recruit cards I had to the best of my ability, before doubling it with silver surfer. Then I dumped all the recruit I had into "Warp Speed" Silver Surfer, drawing a card for every 2* I spent (I think I drew up to 15 cards with this).

Now, I also had a couple Star Lord artifacts out as well, and I had been stockpiling some shards too, so after drawing all my cards, I poured out as much /// as I could before I also doubled that... And I ended up with 98/// in one turn. Galactus ended up being 0/// that turn with all the cards I had out so he was a freebie, defeated him twice for free. Now all that was left was Thanos.

I had 3 Gems out in play which made him -6/// that turn for only 18/// then. 18 x 5 = 90.

So I had 8/// leftover as I one-shot both masterminds in one turn, winning the game on my last turn.


Awesome...BUT, you can only use Cosmic Threat on Galactus once per turn. Once you defeat him for free he’s back up to 20 Attack.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Snaer
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
SnaerSnare wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't keep track of points most of the time, since winning is good enough for me. I also sometimes play with others as well, which lessens the need to count points even further since we're cooperating. But I know for a fact that I can tell you about the highest amount of /// I acquired in one turn, which was also a pretty thematic and climactic outcome as well. It goes as follows:

TLDR: I got 98/// in one turn and one-shot both Thanos and Galactus (Tactics and all) on my last turn before I lost.

- Mastermind: Thanos

- Scheme: Dark Alliance (Galactus)

- Players: 2 (pseudo)

- Heroes: Invisible Woman, Silver Surfer, Drax, Star Lord, Mr. Fantastic

- Villains: Infinity Gems, cannot remember what else

In this game, after I won, I looked at the Villain Deck and realized the next card was the last scheme twist which would have lost me the game, so I effectively won ON my last turn. And I hadn't defeated neither Thanos or Galactus before this.

It went something like this:

The card pulled was an Infinity Gem, which I had Invisible Woman's rare in my hand for, so I drew two cards instead of using its ambush effect. This gave me both Silver Surfer and Drax's rare to my hand, so I played all the recruit cards I had to the best of my ability, before doubling it with silver surfer. Then I dumped all the recruit I had into "Warp Speed" Silver Surfer, drawing a card for every 2* I spent (I think I drew up to 15 cards with this).

Now, I also had a couple Star Lord artifacts out as well, and I had been stockpiling some shards too, so after drawing all my cards, I poured out as much /// as I could before I also doubled that... And I ended up with 98/// in one turn. Galactus ended up being 0/// that turn with all the cards I had out so he was a freebie, defeated him twice for free. Now all that was left was Thanos.

I had 3 Gems out in play which made him -6/// that turn for only 18/// then. 18 x 5 = 90.

So I had 8/// leftover as I one-shot both masterminds in one turn, winning the game on my last turn.


Awesome...BUT, you can only use Cosmic Threat on Galactus once per turn. Once you defeat him for free he’s back up to 20 Attack.


yukyukyuksurpriseblushgulpyukblushsurprise

... Why did you do have to crush my greatest legendary moment ever..? (and yes, I know it's because of the rules... -_-)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SnaerSnare wrote:
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
SnaerSnare wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't keep track of points most of the time, since winning is good enough for me. I also sometimes play with others as well, which lessens the need to count points even further since we're cooperating. But I know for a fact that I can tell you about the highest amount of /// I acquired in one turn, which was also a pretty thematic and climactic outcome as well. It goes as follows:

TLDR: I got 98/// in one turn and one-shot both Thanos and Galactus (Tactics and all) on my last turn before I lost.

- Mastermind: Thanos

- Scheme: Dark Alliance (Galactus)

- Players: 2 (pseudo)

- Heroes: Invisible Woman, Silver Surfer, Drax, Star Lord, Mr. Fantastic

- Villains: Infinity Gems, cannot remember what else

In this game, after I won, I looked at the Villain Deck and realized the next card was the last scheme twist which would have lost me the game, so I effectively won ON my last turn. And I hadn't defeated neither Thanos or Galactus before this.

It went something like this:

The card pulled was an Infinity Gem, which I had Invisible Woman's rare in my hand for, so I drew two cards instead of using its ambush effect. This gave me both Silver Surfer and Drax's rare to my hand, so I played all the recruit cards I had to the best of my ability, before doubling it with silver surfer. Then I dumped all the recruit I had into "Warp Speed" Silver Surfer, drawing a card for every 2* I spent (I think I drew up to 15 cards with this).

Now, I also had a couple Star Lord artifacts out as well, and I had been stockpiling some shards too, so after drawing all my cards, I poured out as much /// as I could before I also doubled that... And I ended up with 98/// in one turn. Galactus ended up being 0/// that turn with all the cards I had out so he was a freebie, defeated him twice for free. Now all that was left was Thanos.

I had 3 Gems out in play which made him -6/// that turn for only 18/// then. 18 x 5 = 90.

So I had 8/// leftover as I one-shot both masterminds in one turn, winning the game on my last turn.


Awesome...BUT, you can only use Cosmic Threat on Galactus once per turn. Once you defeat him for free he’s back up to 20 Attack.


yukyukyuksurpriseblushgulpyukblushsurprise

... Why did you do have to crush my greatest legendary moment ever..? (and yes, I know it's because of the rules... -_-)


4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Snaer
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the consoling words Nathan.
5 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Knutson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About a month ago, I was playing 2 player with my friend who beat me with a score in the low 120's versus my score in the 70's. I don't remember the scheme, but do remember the Mastermind was Mojo.

Just last week, I was playing 3 player against Mojo (again can't remember scheme) and won by scoring 96. I think that is my personal high.

In both instances, the higher VP for bystanders against Mojo was the direct cause of the inflated scores.

I don't remember my highest non-Mojo score.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm not like you super heroes. I've broken 60 once that I remember for sure. It might be twice, but I'm positive about once.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Griffing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
By my calculations, the largest theoretically possible number of victory points for a 2-player game (with all of the expansions except Villains and Fear Itself) is 509.

Setup:

Mastermind: Epic Mojo (for the bystanders being worth 4 points like Adlein Dumitru said in the original post)

Scheme: Dark Alliance

Villains: Masters of Evil, Mojoverse, and Spider Infected (any henchmen will work, but Spider Infected are best for easy access to bystanders)

Heroes: Black Widow, Punisher, Forge, Beast (Illuminati affiliation), and Mr. Fantastic



Strategy:

With the random horror being "Add a Master Plan Mastermind" and the mastermind from Dark Alliance being Mysterio, have one of the players accumulate all of the black heroes in the setup and kill both Ultron villains. (That player will need to rescue all of the available black hero bystanders as well.) If Mysterio is added to the game before any master strikes take place, each master strike will become a Mysterio tactic worth 6 VP. Additionally, if the final two cards of the villain deck are both scheme twists, then all of the victory points in the setup are available.

It is possible for a single player to accumulate all of the victory points in the whole game, and that is in fact likely the easiest way to accomplish the 507 VP maximum. Here's the math:

Points from Henchmen: 10
Points from Mojoverse Villains: 21
Points from Masters of Evil Villains (excluding 2 copies of Ultron): 18
Points from 2 copies of Ultron (assuming one player has all of the 55 available black hero cards AND the 3 available black bystander hero cards): 120
Points from Mysterio Tactics, Master Strikes, and Final Blow mastermind card: 60
Points from Mojo Tactics and FInal Blow mastermind card: 25
Points from Master Plan mastermind card: 5
Points from 63 available non-hero bystanders: 252

Total Points = 10+21+18+120+60+25+5+252 = 509

I think the best I've ever done personally is about 125 VP (involved using Copy Powers Rogue on the Drax rare a couple times), but we can all keep dreaming of a perfect 509!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If the random Horror was instead the one that adds a random Mastermind with 1 Tactic then that could be Mysterio, and either way you would get more VPs using the Master of Tyrants Scheme with three 7VP Masterminds in the Villain deck, eg Galactus, Onslaught & Dark Phoenix.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.