Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the week behind us it's time to post your week's mini-session reports and stories to answer our favorite question:

mbmbWhat did you play this week? - Edition 454
mbmbindigo This week's WDYPTW Geeklist
mbmbindigo WDYPTW subscription thread
mbmbindigo The WDYPTW Guild
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy New Year...

Tuesday
1x - Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 - Prologue New!mb

Thursday
1x - Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 - January mb
mb - 4.0 mi 33:34 (8:23) - treadmill

Saturday
1x - Catan: Cities & Knights

Sunday
2x - Codenames Duet - mb

Everything here started cranking up again so I'm off my normal routine. I also finished the week off by getting the flu. With all that said, I'm looking forward to continuing the unveiling of Season 2 and feeling better.

meeple Keep playing...
BK's Hardcore 10x10 in 2018 List at 4/100
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
So we got a little carried away...

Monday
Suburbia
Charterstone x7

Tuesday
Charterstone x2

Wednesday
Charterstone x3. Done! My wife won handily. So much so that I've ordered the recharge pack already for a rematch. Because we played without any automas, there's still a bunch of cards we didn't see.

It's a really interesting game. Stopping to unlock crates and read new rules is cool and exciting, but it certainly breaks up the flow of the game. We got two minor rules wrong, which didn't affect things too much, but going through a second time means we shouldn't make mistakes and hopefully I can focus more on winning!

Thursday
7 Wonders Duel

Friday
Patchwork

Saturday
Lost Cities

Sunday
Concordia: Gallia / Corsica on the Corsica map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On Tuesday, a couple of friends came over, and we played a four-player game of Photosynthesis. I'm really liking this one after two plays. It has all the perfect-information abstract strategy in a laid-back thematic outside, which means people will actually play it with me

After that, GF and I played our first game of NMBR 9. Zero player interaction is not usually my favorite, but this one plays in ten minutes so that's OK. Add its colourfulness and nice spacial thinking and its a very fun game

On Friday, no one showed up for our weekly game night, so GF and I played some more. We started with Eminent Domain: Microcosm, which I got for Christmas. The rules are a bit of a mess, but we managed and it was OK. Not entirely sure how much I like it yet, but hey, it's a ten-minute game.

We went on with another game of NMBR9. We timed it, and from setup to scoring, it took 9 minutes. So definitely quick fun

And as a last game, we played Pummeleinhorn: Der Kekfe Marathon. A super-light, mostly random game we picked up in Essen because my GF liked the artwork. Not much of a game there, and it all came down to a final 'even or odd' die roll. There's a tiny bit more of a game to be had with more players, as there will be actual scoring. But hey, it's another ten-minute game, and the whimsical artwork alone makes it OK

On Saturday, we played Imperial Settlers, which we hadn't played in a long time. I beat my GF 75 to 38, so not much of a challenge, but it was still okay. Maybe we should get this one out more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Roby
United States
Ballston Spa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wednesday
Hotshots x 1

Thursday
Hotshots x 1
Star Trek: Five-Year Mission x 1
Tiny Epic Galaxies x 2

Saturday
In Tenebris Lux x 2

Sunday
In Tenebris Lux x 1
A much longer game than the first two as I tackled 3 Narratives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
Scotland
Motherwell
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got to play

Wordsy

Photosynthesis

Ominoes

and

Doctor Who: Time of the Daleks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice start to the New Year...though most of it was solo.

Near and Far x 1
Murano x 1 [New to Me]
Five Crowns x 1
Snowdonia x 1 (solo)
La Granja: No Siesta x 2 (solo)
Coldwater Crown x 2 (solo)
The Castles of Burgundy: The Card Game x 1 (solo)
The Dresden Files Cooperative Card Game x 1 (solo)
OctoDice x 2 (solo)
Onirim (second edition) x 1 (solo)
Dice Stars x 2 (solo)
Nautilion x 2 (solo)
Elder Sign x 1(solo)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bailey
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Started doing some early work on my 2018 10x10

Race for the Galaxy x5
Nautilion x3
Terraforming Mars x2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Ward
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This week was marvellous! Played two games from my collection for the very first time.

Jan 1 Played Entdecker X 1 and Sagrada X 1

Jan 3 Played Starcraft X 1 and Charterstone X 2

Jan 6 Played Orleans X 1 and Sagrada X 1

Jan 7 Played The Others X 1

Hope everyone is enjoying the new year thus far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬ Stephanie ♩♪♩♪♩ ♩♪♩♪♫♪
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
Honey + Yeast + Time = Nectar of the Gods
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coup x3
Innovation (on BGA)
Onirim (second edition) (app)
Ca$h 'n Guns (Second Edition)
Room 25 Ultimate NEW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simona Dostalova
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good week for cooperation with SO I did 14 plays of 3 games Yes, only 3. None of them were for my 10x10 hardcore challenge and 1 of them was new

Monday

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 3x

Wednesday

Mission: Red Planet (Second Edition)
FUSE 2x

Thursday

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 3x

Sunday

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 5x
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamara D
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
Monday -
Burgle Bros. x 1
Paramedics: Clear! x 1
Air Baron x 1

Wednesday -
Coup x 1
BANG! The Dice Game x 1
The Resistance x 1
The Resistance: Avalon x 1

Friday -
Not Alone x 2
The Game x 1
Battle Sheep x 1

Saturday -
Dinosaur Island x 1
Azul x 1
Jump Drive x 1
Mini Rails x 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Pender
United Kingdom
Helston
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played the first 3 Scenario from:

Loving this system a lot.

Perry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Sale x3
6 Nimmt!
Clans of Caledonia
Roll Player
Space Race: The Card Game

I have also started a Geeklist to keep track of my solo plays in 2018.

2018 Solo Games Quest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plaid Dragon
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poker

Limit Hold Em - Micro Stakes $30 buy in. 25¢/50¢ blinds $1 max bet with 3 raises max per round. 7 total players.

I was doing fine until a string of bad beats hammered my stacks and ended up taking $10'ish loss on the day. Was still fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pier-Olivier
Canada
Sherbrooke
Québec
flag msg tools
Santorini X3
Flash Point: Fire Rescue X2
Monopoly Empire X2
Incan Gold X1
The Game X1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one: Pendragon: The Fall of Roman Britain. 2 players vs 2 bots and we lost. We see the error of our ways and will not let that sneaky bot get away with it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lozito
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A good number of plays last week (though only over two days), especially in starting our Charterstone campaign!

Monday (Jan 1)
Charterstone x2
Deception: Murder in Hong Kong x2
Scythe w/ 7p (+ Wind Gambit + Invaders from Afar)

Sunday (Jan 8)
Charterstone x3
Exit: The Pharaoh's Tomb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rare that I get to play this often during a week!

Jan 1st
Arkham Horror: The Card Game Solo, first play
Transatlantic 2p, first play
Yokohama 2p

Jan 2nd
Arkham Horror: The Card Game Solo

Jan 4th
Arkham Horror: The Card Game 2p

Jan 5th
A Feast for Odin 3p, first play

Jan 7th
Abyss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Back into gaming after spending the holidays out of town. Being out of practice did not help my gaming; I finished in last place in every game I played this week.

Wednesday:
Fidelitas
Wendake

Saturday:
Clans of Caledonia
12 Days of Christmas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Escape: The Curse of the Temple x2
First game, we got to the exit room but couldn't get out of the temple in time. We might have made it if I hadn't got stuck in the entrance room at the beginning of the game for a bonkers 45 seconds! Second game was a win with a minute to spare.

Hapsburg Eclipse x1
Wohoo, another win! This is usually a tricky game. I like my solo games to be tough.

Hit Z Road x7
First plays. Martin Wallace does a light zombie battle theme with dice chucking. I have only played it solo and find that fun enough with the excellent components and artwork. It's quite simple in solo mode and though I could replay this lots, more cards would be nice long term. But I don't see why I can't make some own cards for it. In fact my son made his own level 4 cards which I really liked! They don't need to match the other cards with the look of the game being as it is. The multiplayer looks interesting where you bid resources to take the path you most want. I'm a sucker for nice art and this really ramps up the theme. It's fairly easy to win in solo but the cool thing is that there are different win ratings depending on how many victory points you get. Which I like as I sometimes takes chances to try and get a better score, it's sorta like getting you to make it harder yourself if you are going comfy (but thus light on points...)

Indian Summer x2
Yikes, two more wins for my wife. I made a few daft mistakes like giving myself very difficult to finish spaces with one piece I desparately needed that my wife duly pinched before I could get my hands on it... I really like this game and am curious to see what the final game in the trilogy brings.

Rhino Hero x10

First plays. This is a hoot! Scratches the build something as high as you can without it falling down itch. The silly theme is great too and having to move the super hero Rhino now and again to the top floor is fab. This gave my wife and son a lot of laughs too. Looking forward to trying Rhino Hero: Super Battle. Plays in about 10 mins-ish and is very cheap to buy. This is the first card game I couldn't sleeve, I have the shakes!

Risk: Star Wars Edition x1
Comfy win for my son as the Rebellion. He amassed a huge fleet and I couldn't knock them down in time. His 11 remaining B-wings took down the Death Star. On the plus, the Millennium Falcon is no longer the fastest rust bucket in the universe and Luke Skywalker has gone to visit Obi Wan Better game than I first realised and moves along at a good rate.

Unfair x2
One super easy win for me and one fairly bad loss which could have been a victory if I hadn't missed that I could have completed both parts of a big blueprint card using my special ride, instead of getting -10 for failing it. I really liked this game from the first play but the more I play it, the more I think it is worthy of top 100 on BGG. I need to revise my scores and ratings and it would be hard to squeeze this into my top ten but I might have to find a space for it. For me this should have got more attention for its artwork too. Yeah Lisboa has a beautiful board but good character art is very difficult and in my view the art fits the theme perfectly, giving it a light Theme Park video game vibe. Even the little first player mini is ace. The game can be a bit mean but my wife and I tend not to clobber each other too much, it's partly in your hands, like Carcassonne. I feel like, the more you get to know the decks, the deeper the game gets, and there is some good variation between decks. I'm really impressed.

Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game x1
Awww, only one play this week? I love this little game. We got to the final location in Quest 1 (which we still haven't won!) and got 7 of the 10 explore tokens required. I am looking forward to making some of our own content for it with our son. Not that I think it needs it, but I think it will be fun building on such a good foundation that lends itself to expanding!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gloomhaven
Nations: The Dice Game + Unrest
Mmm!
Pandemic Legacy: Season 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B J
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
The Castles of Burgundy
Jungle Speed
King of Tokyo
Pandemic
Photosynthesis
Port Royal
Quadropolis
Queendomino
Small World
Viticulture Essential Edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill L
United States
North Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PitchCar x1
NMBR 9 x1
Dice Forge x1
Smarty Party! x1
The Chameleon x3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wawrzonek
United States
Amsterdam
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Do you want board games?...because that's how you get board games!
mbmbmbmbmb

 8   Spirit Island x2 NEW!

This is one of those games I saw on Kickstarter and passed on it because It just didn't click with me. I'm kicking myself now, because this game is amazing. For those who don't know this game could be described as reverse Catan. Settlers are trying to colonize and explore a magical island, and you are the spirits who inhabit the island. You will use you powers to kill or frighten the settlers until they leave the island. At it's heard this is a cooperative area control game. Each spirit is very unique in their playstyle, and powers. All in all this is a fantastic game. Its challenging, and fairly easy to learn, with a ton of strategic complexity. It also plays very well Solo as well. I give this game a very high recommendation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.