tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a nice idea.

You could use the fortify language from Civil War, similar to Authoritarian Iron Man?
ie Juggernaut fortifies the Sewers/the next city space to the left
While this space is fortified, Villains there have attack equal to Juggernaut etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For 'Test of Strength', what about something like:
"Each player must reveal a Strength Hero for each space between Juggernaut and the Villain deck, or gain that many Wounds/KO that many cards"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
For 'Test of Strength', what about something like:
"Each player must reveal a Strength Hero for each space between Juggernaut and the Villain deck, or gain that many Wounds/KO that many cards"

Fortify might work and I do like your Test of Strength idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something else that might be cool with this would be a Juggernaut Villain group for him to lead instead of Brotherhood. Something similar to the Vulture Tech group, representing him crashing through the city causing chaos. If you're open to it, I'd be happy to take a pass at trying to come up with some card text?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
Something else that might be cool with this would be a Juggernaut Villain group for him to lead instead of Brotherhood. Something similar to the Vulture Tech group, representing him crashing through the city causing chaos. If you're open to it, I'd be happy to take a pass at trying to come up with some card text?

If you want to do so you can. My current variant philosophy is to add the least amount of custom cards to decks with official cards, hence why I am tackling Masterminds with established official villain groups.

Custom masterminds and schemes, I don’t even need to print them in order to play ‘em.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok here’s some ideas for a Villain group and some tweaks to the Mastermind text to go with it, just suggestions, feel free to take or leave.
I think you came up with a great idea for a Mastermind here, so thanks!

I was going for the feeling of him storming unstoppably through the city, and used Striker to capture the idea of him gaining momentum. I also used Charge and Rampage (which is one of my custom keywords). Rampage effects trigger whenever a Villain moves from one city space into another (so not when they first enter the Sewers). If multiple Rampage effects trigger at the same time resolve them from left to right, after escape but before Ambush effects.

Juggernaut -Villain Group

Unstoppable Charge
5 Attack
Ambush: Charge two spaces
Rampage: KO a Hero from your discard pile.
3 VPs

Gaining Momentum
4+ Attack
Striker
Ambush: Charge one space.
Escape: This Villain becomes a Master Strike that takes effect immediately.
3 VPs

Rob the Bank
3+ Attack
This Villain captures a Bystander whenever it enters, leaves or begins a turn in the Bank. It gets +1 Attack for each Bystander it has.
2 VPs

Colossal Headbutt -1 Copy
6 Attack
Ambush: This Villain Charges one space for every two Master Strikes that have been played.
Rampage: Demolish each player.
4 VPs

Protective Helmet -1 Copy
5+ Attack
Striker
Fight: Reveal the top four cards of the Villain deck. Put any Master Strikes that you revealed on the bottom of that deck. Then put the rest back in any order.
5 VPs

Juggernaut -Mastermind
9+ Attack; 6 VPs
Start of Game: Juggernaut fortifies the Sewers.
Juggernaut gets +1 Attack for each city space between him and the Villain deck. Villains in the space fortified by Juggernaut have Attack equal to Juggernaut.
Master Strike: Juggernaut fortifies the next city space to his left, then Demolishes each player. If there are no more city spaces, instead Demolish each player three times.

I’m the Juggernaut
Juggernaut fortifies the next city space to his left. Then KO each Hero in the HQ with cost 3 or less.

Path of Destruction
For each city space between Juggernaut and the Villain deck each player chooses to either KO that many Heroes from their discard pile or gain that many Wounds.

Cracked Helmet
Juggernaut fortifies the city space to his right. Then the player on your left draws a card for each empty city space to the left of Juggernaut.

Test of Strength
Each player must reveal a Strength Hero for each city space between Juggernaut and the Villain deck, or gain that many Wounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like your mastermind changes and I think I actually had that demolish thrice effect at one point.

Can’t say much about Striker because I’m boycotting Homecoming expansion. Sorry.

Cracked Helmet shouldn’t help the active player, but the next player instead. Think of it as Nightcrawler or Spidey finally breaking or removing the helmet so Professor X blasts Juggernaut with some extra oomph.

Thanks for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okami31 wrote:
I like your mastermind changes and I think I actually had that demolish thrice effect at one point.

Can’t say much about Striker because I’m boycotting Homecoming expansion. Sorry.

Cracked Helmet shouldn’t help the active player, but the next player instead. Think of it as Nightcrawler or Spidey finally breaking or removing the helmet so Professor X blasts Juggernaut with some extra oomph.

Thanks for the help!

Striker just gives +1 Attack per Master Strike, so it kind of builds as the game progresses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should we add a clarification that Juggernaut doesn't get pushed through the city like regular villains but just hunkers down wherever he fortifies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okami31 wrote:
Should we add a clarification that Juggernaut doesn't get pushed through the city like regular villains but just hunkers down wherever he fortifies?

I don't think you need to, they didn't include a clarification like that on Authoritarian Iron Man, and I think the fact that the text tells you what to do with Villains in the space he has fortified makes it pretty clear Villains can enter his space without pushing him forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards at the top have been edited per your suggestions.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheeky request:

Any chance of doing a version of the top card that says "Always Leads: Juggernaut"?

Would save me a job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
Cheeky request:

Any chance of doing a version of the top card that says "Always Leads: Juggernaut"?

Would save me a job.

Sure, done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, I can add that to my print queue...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett S
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Really nice work-- I had my doubts about Juggernaut's ability to mastermind anything, but you've made it seem like a lot of fun.

With the Test of Strength tactic, is it your intention for it to be all-or-nothing (e.g., Reveal three Strength heroes or gain three wounds) or for players to be able to achieve partial success (e.g., I have one Strength hero so I only take two wounds)? The way it's written now it seems to be all-or-nothing, and I am curious if that was what you intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm for all or nothing.

If you don't pass the test you get crushed! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Snaer
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to my print list. Good job with this, I really like it; and I can't wait to play his Villain Group with Brotherhood. ALL THE JUGGERNAUTS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gscrap wrote:
Really nice work-- I had my doubts about Juggernaut's ability to mastermind anything, but you've made it seem like a lot of fun.

With the Test of Strength tactic, is it your intention for it to be all-or-nothing (e.g., Reveal three Strength heroes or gain three wounds) or for players to be able to achieve partial success (e.g., I have one Strength hero so I only take two wounds)? The way it's written now it seems to be all-or-nothing, and I am curious if that was what you intended.

Thanks for the kind words.

He is not a mastermind by the meaning of the word, but if it is a character that can engage a whole team of heroes for an issue or two, it qualifies as a “boss” challenge to me.

As for the tactics, I’m fine with either interpretation really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SnaerSnare wrote:
Added to my print list. Good job with this, I really like it; and I can't wait to play his Villain Group with Brotherhood. ALL THE JUGGERNAUTS!

Ah, thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m looking forward to taking on Juggernaut in a Midtown Bank Robbery...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Deutsch
msg tools
mb
Wow! Excellent designs and it is great to following along with a development discussion. I like the end results and I find myself quite inspired to fire up a Juggernaut match soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
straightedge wrote:
Wow! Excellent designs and it is great to following along with a development discussion. I like the end results and I find myself quite inspired to fire up a Juggernaut match soon!

Thank you and good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob REUX
United States
San Diego
Ca
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
I also used Charge and Rampage (which is one of my custom keywords). Rampage effects trigger whenever a Villain moves from one city space into another (so not when they first enter the Sewers). If multiple Rampage effects trigger at the same time resolve them from left to right, after escape but before Ambush effects.

This is only for the cards with Rampage right. When they move a city space the effect happens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
REUXROB wrote:
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
I also used Charge and Rampage (which is one of my custom keywords). Rampage effects trigger whenever a Villain moves from one city space into another (so not when they first enter the Sewers). If multiple Rampage effects trigger at the same time resolve them from left to right, after escape but before Ambush effects.

This is only for the cards with Rampage right. When they move a city space the effect happens?

Yes, that’s right
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.