Subject: Question about Antilope hunt event card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juha Lamberg
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

don't remember the card (only playing on TSS), but yesterday my team of "survivors" died on Lion L2 when i was trying to hunt L1 Antilope.
Spoiler (click to reveal)

The cards instruct to change the hunt to +1 Lion. 1.3 rules have investigate possibility (u can avoid this if don't want to risk it), but 1.5 card doesn't. So you roll the die (8+ activates) and die like good KDM survivors

Is this correct? Seems to be devastating for early in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it is 1.5 rules that let you avoid this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matthew Wichman
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have 1.5 and actually ran into this exact hunt event card last night. It does say on the card you may choose to investigate, which then triggers the d10 roll. However, after the die result table, it indicates if you do not investigate to roll a random event instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dead Antelope card was like that in 1.31, which is the case for TableSop Simulator (the TTS variant you seem to be playing). It's different in 1.5.
Anyway, you should really use a physical copy to get the correct text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessie Christian
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Also another thing that isn't clear and the FAQ doesn't make it clear either, is what happens when you hunt a Level 3 Antelope and choose to investigate this event. If you roll a 7+ do you fight a Level 4 Lion? The FAQ says you do not fight a Beast of Sorrow or Golden Eyed Cat.

Have people Homebrewed a Level 4 Lion or do people just fight a Level 3 in this situation. If anyone has homebrewed a Level 4 that would be pretty cool and I would love to hear what people have done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Death Jester
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You would just set it up as a Level 3 but every interaction with Monster Level (such as Grasp) is 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.